Job Title Education
Exempt - Full Time
Primary Position Objectives
Prescribes individual and/or group lessons designed to assist students in overcoming specific difficulties in mathematics and reading. Provides instruction to students enrolled in Reading, Mathematics, Workplace Communications, Employability Skills, Health Education, Driver’s Education or HSD/HSE. Conducts and manages academic classes.
Brief Description of Duties
- Performs as an instructor in a regular classroom setting, presenting instruction in the area of Reading, Mathematics, Workplace Communications, Career Success Standards, Health Education, Driver’s Education or HSD/HSE.
- Endeavors to promote a positive and desirable atmosphere within the classroom setting, ensuring maximum student motivation.
- Maintains a high degree of discipline within the classroom in order to ensure maximum learning.
- Establishes a high degree of student/instructor rapport.
- Works directly with the career tech instructors in coordinating curriculum development.
- Utilizes all possible curricular resource available at the Center.
- Makes adequate preparation for classroom.
- Maintains students’ personal folders, recording personal data, including test scores, evaluations, incident reports, achievement awards, and any other pertinent information concerning students. Records attendance in CIS.
- Participates in ESP’s (evaluation of student performance).
- Evaluates student employee’s performance in academics and career success standards (CSS). Provides regular feedback to student employees regarding appropriate CSS.
- Works toward meeting performance standard goals, learning gains, HSD/HSE, trade completion, and career technical certification.
- Conducts audits of ATARS; develops corrective action as needed.
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Assists with quarterly graduation exercises.
- Adheres to required property control policies and procedures.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality Assurance Plan (QAP), Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation’s core values and operating principles.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
- Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively listens to others.
Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and problem solving.
- Implements the key principles of time management, task allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal organization.
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation's Healthy Workplace Environment Policy.
- Acts as a team player and builds professional relationships with coworkers to achieve goals.
Leadership & Management
- Ability to exceptionally manage and lead students from diverse backgrounds.
- Committed to investing in and developing students and positioning them to succeed.
- Mission-oriented and possesses a strategic vision.
- Motivates students and provides coaching and/or feedback when needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Power Point, Outlook, and Excel.
- Computer Literacy with basic computer functions, email, internet, and basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong knowledge of subject area of instruction and academic teaching practices.
- High level of communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
- High level of ability to motivate, inspire, and train students effectively.
Minimum of one to two years related experience in education.
Bachelor’s degree in education from a four-year college or university and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified, licensed, or accredited in the state in which the Center is located or is accredited by a professional trade organization.(RO may waive if Center is unable to hire certified or licensed instructors, but candidates must pursue certification.)
- Valid State Driver’s License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; to reach with hands and arms; and talk and listen. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life insurance.
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision, critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K & 401K Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service Program
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug screens.