Job Title Content Writer
Category Technical Writers
Clever was founded four years ago to change how real estate is bought and sold. We connect home buyers and sellers with experienced, local real estate agents - and help them save thousands along the way.
Our customers usually find us through the fantastic content our team writes, and we've gone from fewer than 10,000 monthly readers to more than 500,000 in the past year. Our content has been featured on Forbes, NBC, PBS, Realtor.com, The LA Times, and Politico, as well as hundreds of other reputable websites.
As Clever continues to grow and develop, we're excited to help millions of readers navigate their real estate journey. Headquartered in St. Louis, we offer remote work opportunities across the country (and even outside the U.S.).
What it's really like to be a Content Writer at Clever
Let's be honest: Most real estate content is confusing, misleading, or just plain wrong. We're working hard to change that.
Unlike other content companies, Clever is about quality over quantity - we value your insights over your ability to churn out blog posts.
Our content team's goal is simple but ambitious: to build a comprehensive library of real estate knowledge, becoming the go-to source of information for home buyers, sellers, and real estate investors.
This is a reader-centric job where you simplify complex topics and help home buyers and sellers understand the wild world of real estate. Our commitment to Create Value means putting our customers and our readers first.
You'll get to work on a variety of projects and develop your writing career based on your skills and interests, working in a dynamic environment that values your creativity and input above the number of articles you can write per week. This isn't a job where you churn out 10 articles a week and dread Mondays.
We're looking for enthusiastic learners who want flexibility and ownership over their work. You'll collaborate with other best-in-class writers, editors, and content product managers to create content we're all proud to put Clever's logo on.
Not an "SEO ninja" or "content marketing guru"? Don't worry. Our team will help hone your content marketing skills so you're ready to play an active role in our SEO research, CRO, and lead generating efforts. At the end of the day, we're all united by our love for our readers, compassion for supporting our team, and dedication to how we're transforming the world of real estate!
Sounds too good to be true? Don't take our word for it:
"Clever is an incredibly supportive environment and everyone here goes out of their way to help you succeed. Instead of simply grinding out as many blog posts as possible, you're encouraged to create high-quality content that you can be proud of." - Michael Warford, Clever Content Writer
"At Clever, you don't work in a vacuum. There's collaboration and discussion at every stage of the editorial process. You're constantly learning and iterating on ideas with other team members to create the best possible content for readers." - Andrew Whytock, Clever Content Writer
"Clever embraces the opportunity to create genuinely helpful content, even if it means getting creative with how we dig up information readers need to know. I appreciate working in a supportive environment where quality is at the heart of the editorial process." - Michelle Delgado, Clever Content Writer and Research Strategist
What you'll be doing as a Content Writer
- Write content that is clear, easy to read, and more engaging than what's currently online
- Communicate complex topics in ways that are relatable and understandable
- Structure content for readers using search engine data and keyword research
- Bring unique, thoughtful insights based on in-depth research, data analysis, or reporting
- Turn readers into valuable leads for our sales team using CRO (conversion rate optimization)
- Manage deadlines during six-week sprints
- Practice empathy for readers and curiosity to understand their needs and wants
Within one month you'll...
- Begin your onboarding with a talented cohort of new writers and editors, collaborating as a team and building strong bonds
- Learn about Clever's sales, marketing, and engineering teams, and gain a clear understanding of Clever's business model
- Understand the types of readers Clever wants to attract
- Learn Clever's CMS, being able to easily upload and edit posts
- Develop skills in analyzing data on your post's performance
- Receive constructive feedback from our Content Product Managers to improve your voice, style, and structure of writing
Within three months you'll...
- Graduate from onboarding and work on at least one project team
- Be able to consistently create and edit new content that generate both traffic and leads
- See how the posts you've written drive traffic and leads for the business
- Become an expert in at least one area of real estate knowledge, and be ready to think about expanding to another
Within six months you'll...
- Have achieved the top rankings for some of your highest value posts
- Outperform goals for both traffic and leads
- Write about a variety of niches within real estate
- Build strong relationships with your colleagues
- Provide feedback for process improvements to make the team more efficient
- Help train new writers by participating in team onboarding sessions
Within 12 months you'll...
- Be maintaining many top rankings for your highest value posts
- Be an expert in multiple verticals
- Be eligible for advancement opportunities like becoming a Senior Writer, Product Manager, or Content Editor
- Lead new initiatives with the full support of Clever's team and resources
Compensation & benefits
- $40k-$70k based on role and experience
- Competitive PTO
- Health insurance
- 401k plan
- Remote work
- Pet-friendly office
- Flex hours