Job Title Education / teaching
Category Teachers and Instructors, All Other
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Lead, Learning Experience Design role. This position is located in Tampa, Florida.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.1 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the worlds most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Lead, Learning Experience Designer will support the Learning Design and Development (LDD) Team through establishing and implementing targeted learning strategies, utilizing Agile to provide “iteration” project management on team projects, performing “people manager” activities in managing Learning Experience Design (LXD) team members, and ensuring the application of adult learning theories in the design and development of learning content.
They will be responsible for managing and supporting their LXD teams in designing high-quality training content in various formats: interactive eLearning, facilitator-led content, virtual classroom design, videos, simulations, performance support materials, and assessments.
They will strive to continuously improve learner experiences using an array of approaches that engage learners and drive high-impact learning. They will work in an agile, iterative fashion, and be comfortable managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. They will facilitate co-creation sessions with various stakeholders such as Training Strategy Managers, SMEs, facilitators, learners, and senior level leaders across multiple disciplines/functional roles.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients to document learning design and delivery requirements:
- Document request description and business goals
- Write performance objectives
- Document target audience
- Identify related metric strategy
- Input on target launch date
- Manage and maintain content for curation in alignment with curation channel objectives:
- Define content curation strategy
- Research and coordinate content from SMEs, vendors, other sources to produce channels in line with branding and style guidelines
- Analyze content needs and monitor consumption data to optimize content, develop a cadence for updates, archiving, and ongoing production of content
- Collaborate with key content owners and relevant topic expert(s) as needed on content updates/retirement
- Recommend new content sources
- Perform Scrum Master activities:
- Managing LXD teams in the effective use of Scrum events: daily scrum, backlog review, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective
- Resolving conflicts with a continual focus on the Scrum values of openness, honesty, commitment, courage, and respect
- Identifying and removing impediments slowing down LDD, as well as shielding the team from external interruptions and distractions
- Assessing squad Agile maturity and coaching teams toward constant self-evaluation and improvement at a sustainable pace
- Utilizing excellent communication and collaboration skills to work with product stakeholders to manage backlog and plan deliverables that provide business value
- Employing modern project planning and collaboration tools
- Managing the project financials
- Manage and/or mentor LXD team members
- Manage J&J’s “5 Conversations”
- Manage a team of Learning Experience Designers to:
- Oversee project work
- Assign tasks
- Schedule/lead project meetings
- Manage team’s workloads to ensure output is high quality and on-time
- Clarify and communicate priorities
- Develop, coach, and engage direct reports to build a high-performance team
- Utilize learning design and development experience to support the LXD team members in designing learner-focused instructional materials such as micro-learning modules, curricula, quick reference guides, checklists, eLearning, PowerPoint decks, simulations, videos, assessments, and blended learning solutions to support digital on-demand, live face to face and virtual facilitator-led training:
- Use successive approximation modeling and/or agile models to collaborate and efficiently manage development of assigned learning projects end-to-end
- Facilitate and manage project workgroup meetings and content review sessions; get stakeholder feedback and buy-in early in design process
- Collaborate with visual/information designers, developers, learners, and content subject matter experts (SMEs) while creating High-Level Design Documents, storyboards and/or rapid prototyping, and make recommendations on approaches that enhance the quality of the learning experience
- Write clear, concise, and learner-centric instructional text, audio/video scripts
- Leverage standard style guides, imagery, and templates to ensure a consistent learner experience
- Develop assessments that measure defined learner outcomes based on Kirkpatrick’s Levels of Evaluation
- Develop train-the-trainer materials to best prepare facilitators to deliver training with the highest level of quality and standards
- Facilitate Design Thinking sessions and train-the-trainer programs
- Apply strong project management discipline for setting expectations, execution and resolving issues:
- Collaborate with stakeholders and subject matter experts during the content development process, establishing design project timelines, mitigating risks, and ensuring alignment, engagement, and expectation management
- Manage and maintain weekly current project status, project timelines and review cycles, and report status to project stakeholders
- Adhere to defined quality assurance guidelines
- Continually evaluate solutions for quality, usability, performance impact, and scalability
- Ensure accurate completion and follow up of project reporting, audits, and other data requests within designated timeframes
- Applies project management principles and tools to document, articulate and deliver training support including definition/scope, identification of key stakeholders, training deliverables, progress reporting, risks/ roadblocks, and success measures.
- Measures, tracks, and communicates to stakeholders and GTLO progress updates, training effectiveness measures, training ROI, metrics (KPIs) and insights.
- Participates in training communities of practice. Gathers and shares external/internal training benchmark information, lessons learned and best practices
- Identify need for additional development tools and provides recommendations to Sr. Manager, Learning Experience Design
- Adhere to company practices, policies, and Credo-based culture, and set an example for other team members. Utilize established company tools/methodologies
- Work with manager/coach to set goals for growth and development
- Support global culture of continuous improvement, identify areas for improvement on daily operational processes to drive data accuracy and global compliance
- Communicate and interact effectively and develop credibility and trusted mutually respected relationships with customers, stakeholders, leadership, and team members
- Support special projects and initiatives as assigned
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related field is required
- A Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Learning Experience Design, Adult Learning, or related field preferred
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in instructional design or learner experience design is required.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience as Scrum Master is preferred
- Content curation experience preferred
- LXP experience is preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of instructional design principles, learning experience design principles, curriculum development, adult learning theories and performance-based learning is required
- Comprehensive understanding of agile principles, responsive design principles and design thinking methodologies is required
- Working knowledge of Instructor-Led and/or eLearning development tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Word, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, various video creation applications, Lectora, Storyline 360, Captivate and/or other related software is preferred
- Experience in leading project teams or people leadership is required.
- Experience coaching design team members is required
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills are required
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers, SMEs, clients, global stakeholders, and management is required.
- Advanced experience in applying adult learning theories, instructional design and learning experience design models to training designs and storyboard development is required
- Adept and efficient at designing learning deliverables in response to a given business problem is required
- Demonstrated project management or agile project management skills is required
- Experience planning for and analyzing data driven learning experiences is preferred
- Experience in a major corporate training environment working on instructional design assignments across multiple teams or groups is preferred
- Deep knowledge of current learning trends and understanding of circumstances in which each would be used to drive learning engagement and performance improvement is preferred
- General knowledge of LMS administration is preferred
- Discretion, professionalism, confidentiality, and judgement is required
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, self-directed team-based environment is required.
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment is required.
- This position is located in Tampa, Florida. Approximately 10-15% domestic and international travel is required