Santa Clara County, Californiaand 1 more locations
- Published : 2022-04-28
Job Title IT / Computing / Software
Category Software Developers, Systems Software
Do you love collaborating with teams to solve complex problems?
Would working with cutting-edge security products that protect the world's biggest brands excite you?
Join our Security Engineering SQA team!
Our team is part of the Cloud Security organization, which is responsible for technologies that power Akamais Security Products and protect some of the world's major brands. Working in partnership with software development teams we test, validate, bulletproof and act as end to end quality assurance team for every security feature implemented on Akamais webserver before they can be released on to our network.
Partner with the best
In this varied and vital role youll be collaborating with various engineering teams to ensure the functionality, performance and stability of our features. Your keen eye and the testing strategies you employ throughout the product life cycle will help to ensure the performance of our market leading, cutting-edge security products for our customers' websites and applications.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test II, you will be responsible for:
- Taking ownership for testing your products, creating test strategies and delivering high quality software solutions
- Owning the quality of our security products and how they perform on our content delivery platform
- Using software development skills to develop tools, test frameworks and automation of the functional and system tests
- Collaborating with other software engineering teams to influence and shape the design process and product development
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have 3 year's of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Master's degree in Computer science or related field.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to write design documentation
- Have experience in software development using Scripting languages (eg Perl or Python) or Object Oriented languages
- Be a good team player, enjoy collaborating and solving problems with others
- Have a passion for and ability to learn new tools and technologies and for finding bugs
- Be well versed in how the internet works, it's underlying protocols with understanding of DNS, routing protocols, HTTP/S, TCP and UDP
- Be experienced in working with Linux/Unix-like operating systems
- Have experience in debugging and troubleshooting software
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best can vary for each person.
This is a flexible role and may be performed at your home and/or the local Akamai office (in the country advertised). We are happy to discuss working options in this role and encourage you to speak with your recruiter in more detail when you apply.
Working with us
At Akamai, were curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, youll thrive here.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavors
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled teams build progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Akamai is committed to complying with COVID-19 requirements in the countries where it operates. For locations or roles subject to vaccination mandates, we require proof of vaccination or an approved exemption, if permitted, as a condition of employment. We will provide additional details regarding our vaccine record submission and exemption request protocols during the hiring and onboarding process.