Job Title IT / Computing / Software
Category Software Developers, Systems Software
Type of Requisition:Regular
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Top Secret/SCI
Suitability:No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Senior Systems Engineer
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
The Systems Engineer Advisor is a strong, self-motivated, solution-oriented individual who will be joining an experienced team to support the implementation and sustainment of multiple networks. We are looking for an experienced, innovative and enthusiastic systems engineer to join us in delivering high quality IT systems.
- Securely integrate new COTS and GOTS products into multiple existing Windows-based isolated networks.
- Automate installation of software using tools such as PowerShell, Desired State Configuration, Ansible, and/or Puppet
- Provide operational support and troubleshooting for Microsoft and Linux-based systems as higher-tier support for the Systems Operations teams.
- Design, develop, evaluate, and modify virtual compute environments throughout the technology life cycle.
- Participate in system conceptual design and documentation for enterprise solutions to deployment and management of COTS/GOTS software platforms.
- Determine system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provide system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance as needed.
- Provide input to briefings, transitioning concepts to execution, course of action (COA) development, and assisting in project technical planning and implementation.
- Develop standard operation procedures (SOPs) and system documentation.
- Collaborate with managers, network and systems engineers, team members, and customers on solutions and issues.
- Review, analyze, and verify current security configuration and effectiveness in response to DoD requirements and emerging threats.
- Achieve and maintain Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance.
- May be required to perform duties outside of normal day shift hours.
- Mentor and coach less experienced system administrators and engineers.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Continuous improvement mindset to ensure quality of delivered services.
- 5+ years of technical experience required.
- BA/BS required – may substitute additional years of experience
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in building, maintaining and supporting Microsoft technologies and related platforms: Active Directory configuration and management, Windows Server 2016/2019, Exchange, MS SQL, SharePoint, PowerShell, Group Policy, DNS, SCCM, etc.
- Understanding of Agile, ITIL, DevOps practices.
- Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Must be IAT level II compliant with DoD 8570.1.
- ITIL V4 Foundation within six months of hire.
- A demonstrated strong working knowledge of Microsoft and VMware infrastructure technologies.
- May be required to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours as required.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
- Proficiency with automation/scripting languages PowerShell, Python, Puppet DSL, etc.
- Proficiency working in a team with Git source control manager
- Familiarity with CI/CD practices and tools such as Azure DevOps and Azure Pipelines
- Experience with SCSM and/or ServiceNow.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Telecommuting Options:Telecommuting Not Allowed
Work Location:USA VA Springfield
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.