Job Title Arts and Entertainment
The successful candidate will be a 1099 the Director of Music with Music Ministry International and be responsible for the following:
Coordinating and administering the Roman Catholic and Protestant music programs by providing a high-quality music program with emphasis on, but not limited to:
- Planning and coordinating musical selections
- Accompanying singers, choirs and congregation
- Maintaining music supplies and material
- The Director of Music shall coordinate and administer the music program for active duty and retired military, dependent Family members and civilian employees at the MCAS Yuma Station Chapel. The Director of Music shall coordinate and administer the program concurrent with the advance approval of the MCAS Station Command Chaplain. The Director of Music shall communicate with the chaplain, worship leaders, cantor, and other musicians conducting services to ensure a coordinated service of worship for the congregation. The Director of Music will plan and coordinate all musical selections with the presiding Protestant Chaplain and Priest of the Roman Catholic congregation or his/her designated representative to select music in keeping with the theme and style of the specific religious service/mass.
- The Director of Music shall select pieces for choir solo presentation that enhance the atmosphere of worship for the congregations of Protestants and Roman Catholics when applicable. The Director of Music shall adjust tempo and style of solo choir selections to enhance the congregation’s ability to participate in worship.
- The Director of Music shall maintain, in an organized and efficient method, all music supplies, resources, files, directives, and materials needed for the Protestant and Roman Catholic music programs. The Director of Music shall provide the Religious Support Administrative Manager with the proper requests for the ordering of supplies and equipment to support the Protestant and Roman Catholic music programs concurrent with the advance approval of the Protestant Chaplain and the priest of the Roman Catholic congregation.
- The Director of Music shall perform accompanist duties at the choir rehearsals and at services as requested and referenced in the Service Performance Calendar. Rehearsal can entail rehearsing with all appropriate congregation members prior to the start of a religious service.
- The Director of Music shall be on site at the start of the Sunday morning services and for the duration, and/or other music functions.
- The Director of Music shall lead the music to include the choir and congregation.
- The Director of Music shall recommend, in writing to the MCAS Yuma Command Chaplain, music purchases that would enhance the Religious Ministries Musical Program.
- The Director of Music shall notify the senior Religious Support Administrative Manager in writing of any facility or equipment maintenance requirements.
- The Director of Music shall provide music selections to the Religious Program Specialist (RP) not later than 1200 on Wednesdays to be included in the weekly bulletin.
- The Director of Music shall present a neat, well-groomed appearance appropriate for chapel worship services during all times while he/she is performing services under this contract.
- The Director of Music shall register each session performed in a logbook provided by the Station Chapel. The Director of Music shall annotate the date, times performed, and reason for performance in the logbook. A copy of the logbook page(s) for the monthly services invoiced shall be submitted to the MCAS Yuma Command Chaplain with the invoice. Invoices shall not be processed without the logbook submittal.
- In the event the Director of Music is unable to provide services, the The Director of Music shall provide a substitute at the Director of Music’s expense as depicted in this Statement of Work (SOW) at no additional cost to the government. If an alternate is provided the substitute shall meet all contract specifications.
- The Director of Music shall notify the MCAS Station Command Chaplain of planned substitutions two weeks in advance of arranged absences (i.e. vacations and holidays).
- The Director of Music shall notify the MCAS Station Command Chaplain and coordinate with his/her substitute by telephone and email between 2-3 hours ahead of scheduled time when unable to perform services due to non-scheduled time off, illness, inclement weather, and/or emergencies.
- All work shall be accomplished within the guidelines of the SOW and in coordination with the MCAS Yuma Command Chaplain. Provision of services to Roman Catholic Masses shall also be in accordance with the directive of the Archdiocese of Military Services (AMS) and the Roman Catholic Church or his representative of the chapel assigned.
Services are estimated at an average of thirteen (13) sessions per month, totaling no more than 104 (one hundred four) worship and 52 (fifty two) combined rehearsal service sessions, six (6) special Masses on New Year’s Day, Confirmation Mass, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Christmas Eve/Christmas (Estimated and not Guaranteed), and two (2) special worship services that can include, but are not limited to memorial/funeral services/Masses for military members only for a total of 164 (one hundred sixty-four) sessions annually.
This contract is to support the Command Religious Program with musical programs for the Roman Catholic and Protestant Worship Services aboard the Station Chapel, Marine Corps Air Station, Yuma, AZ. The services may be provided instrumentally as Pianist/Keyboardist or Guitarist.
- The Director of Music must provide a quality music program. Quality music program is defined as playing in tune, at the proper music tempo and appropriated to the solemnity of the worship service.
- The Director of Music must have five (5) years’ experience with both Roman Catholic and Protestant worship services with an ability to perform music on piano, organ or guitar.
- The Director of Music must have the ability to play either a keyboard type instrument or a guitar for the Roman Catholic worship services using the Oregon Catholic Press (OCP) Respond & Acclaim 2016 and the OCP breaking Bread Missal 2016. The ability to play for the Protestant worship services will be based on popular contemporary Christian music.
- The Director of Music must have the ability to plan and coordinate musical selections and accompany singers, choirs and congregations.
Interested Candidates are requested to forward their resume together with three references from individuals who can attest to the candidate’s good work and steadiness. Candidates who do not possess the specific attributes/qualifications in "QUALIFICATIONS" above need not apply. This is a part-time position with compensation based on budget and the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications..
Apply directly at: https://music-ministry.jobsoid.com (scroll down to “MCAS Yuma”). Your application must include three (3) references including one priest or pastor who can attest to your abilities as they relate to this job posting. References must include: name, title, organization, relationship to you, email address (necessary field) and phone number. Depending on security software, candidates are requested to monitor spam folders for further application communications from MMI.