Job Title Sales
Category Sales and Related Workers, All Other
Salary 250 USD
Senior Director, Sales Operations - Americas
Anaplan, the Connected Planning pioneer, is changing the way the world’s most respected companies do business. We believe in clear, open communication enabling teams to overcome obstacles and move forward together. We want you to feel that you belong to a team, you matter, and are able to be your authentic self. We all work together to deliver business value with the power of Connected Planning at every level within every organization, and alongside an ever-growing number of users, a rich partner ecosystem, and active community. At Anaplan, our values are key to everything we do. We call it #AnaplanLOVE
At Anaplan these words come to life by making employees feel empowered and inspired.
Building a strong culture around company values is an ongoing journey
that will continue to be the core of our existence.
Anaplan pioneered Connected Planning and is on a path to $1B ARR. Our growth is a function of helping global enterprises orchestrate business performance. We believe shared insights enable and empower teams to overcome business challenges and move forward together! Anaplan’s Connected Planning platform spans and connects planning processes across multiple use cases, lines of business, and industries. Our team is diverse and business savvy. We work together to deliver value through the power of our platform alongside an increasing number of users, excellent partner ecosystem, and collaborative community.
At Anaplan, our values are lived and key to everything we do! We prioritize belonging, and encourage employees to bring their authentic self to work. Our employees feel empowered and trusted. Living our culture and values is an ongoing journey that will continue to be the core of our existence.
Anaplan is seeking an experienced SENIOR DIRECTOR, SALES OPERATIONS AMERICAS to join our growing team at Anaplan to be a member of the global Sales Operations group.
This role will be all about partnering with sales leaders to drive process optimization, territory and quota development, forecasting, sales compensation, deal desk management and overall salesforce effectiveness. You also will provide direct counsel to the Head of NAMER Sales to drive sales rep performance, develop accurate forecasting & pipeline measures, and build positive relationships across sales teams and related business partners to influence decision making. The position reports to the VP, Sales Operations.
What you'll be doing:
- Designs, implements, and leads sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting used by the sales organization. Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes within Anaplan.
- Provides leadership to the sales teams and give advice to the NAMER Sales Leader in implement organization objectives that reflect Anaplan business objectives.
- Be the right hand of the NAMER Sales Leader and team in preparing executive management presentations of sales performance and key performance measurement indicators.
- Responsible for assigning sales force quotas and ensuring that Anaplan financial objectives are optimized and allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
- Partner with top sales management to find opportunities for sales process improvement. Foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity.
- In charge of optimal deployment of sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity.
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs to ensure sales organization success.
- Ensures sales reports and other intelligence is provided to the sales organization and develops new reporting tools and dashboard critical metrics needed for measurement.
- Working closely with sales management and Human Resources, establishes a sales force training plan focused on development and reinforcing critical sales competencies.
- Leads all aspects of sales compensation plan administration for the Americas.
- Lead, develop and mentor the NAMER Sales Operations team. Develop the team supporting sales and all related functions with pricing and subscription questions.
More about you:
- Achievement of Anaplan sales, profits and strategic objectives
- Accountable for implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the sales teams
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting crucial for sales organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by Anaplan management
- Cross functional collaboration with other groups such as Marketing, Customer Success and Finance in achieving the company’s sales and financial objectives
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
Anaplan is a cloud-native enterprise SaaS company helping global enterprises orchestrate business performance. Our customers come first to create heroes, unlock potential & build trust and confidence. We challenge legacy thinking and software that isn’t flexible for the modern organization. We have architected the only platform that will take the time from planning to decision down to zero.
We’re building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We’re addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems. Anaplan’s Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time, to make better decisions to enhance your business. The platform helps you dynamically orchestrate performance enterprise-wide, and convert constant change to your environment. See what our global customers and partners have to say about Anaplan’s platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree—Anaplan is changing the way the world does business. Learn about our history , see our recognitions and achievements , and take a look at what it’s like to work at Anaplan. Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels. Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Can’t find the perfect role for you? New opportunities are opening up daily: http://anaplan.com/CAREERS COVID-19 Update Protecting the health and safety of our communities, including our employees and of those considering a career at Anaplan, is our highest priority. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.
Are you legally authorized to work in the country in which the job you are applying for is located for any employer? *
Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship for employment at Anaplan?* *
How did you hear about this job? *
Legal First Name *
Legal Last Name *
Address Line 1 *
Address Line 2
Preferred First Name *
Preferred Last Name *
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Anaplan are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.Gender Are you Hispanic/Latino? Race & Ethnicity Definitions
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Veteran Status
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Voluntary Self-Identification of DisabilityWhy are you being asked to complete this form?
We are a federal contractor or subcontractor required by law to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified people with disabilities. We are also required to measure our progress toward having at least 7% of our workforce be individuals with disabilities. To do this, we must ask applicants and employees if they have a disability or have ever had a disability. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we ask all of our employees to update their information at least every five years.
Identifying yourself as an individual with a disability is voluntary, and we hope that you will choose to do so. Your answer will be maintained confidentially and not be seen by selecting officials or anyone else involved in making personnel decisions. Completing the form will not negatively impact you in any way, regardless of whether you have self-identified in the past. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of federal contractors under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp .How do you know if you have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Autoimmune disorder, for example, lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, or HIV/AIDS
- Blind or low vision
- Cardiovascular or heart disease
- Celiac disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Depression or anxiety
- Gastrointestinal disorders, for example, Crohn's Disease, or irritable bowel syndrome
- Intellectual disability
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Nervous system condition for example, migraine headaches, Parkinson’s disease, or Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Psychiatric condition, for example, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, PTSD, or major depression
1 Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp .
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.