Job Title Store Manager Trainee
Category Managers, All Other
Do you have a bachelor’s degree and previous retail experience? Are you interested in a career in retail management? Apply today for the Store Manager Trainee program at Jewel-Osco, a career development track covering training, department manager, and store management.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to become a Store Manager Trainee at Jewel-Osco through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future.
Why use Skills for Chicagoland’s Future during your job search?
Because we’ll be your advocate throughout the hiring process. We’re a nonprofit organization that partners with employers committed to hiring unemployed and underemployed candidates. A member of our Talent Acquisition team interviews every job seeker that matches the role. They also provide applicants with additional insights into the position. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
- Grow your career in retail management with a 3-5 year professional development program.
- The program trajectory begins with a 41-week Operations training, and then progresses to Department Manager, Assistant Manager, Assistant Store Director, and Store Director.
- This position is not a desk or administrative role. You’ll be on your feet training in EVERY department of the store.
- You will not follow a Monday to Friday office schedule. Expect to work various shifts, including early morning, daytime, evening, overnight, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree and previous leadership experience.
- Supervisor experience (especially in a retail setting) a plus.
- Must have a strong work ethic: High energy needed for the role to provide STRONG leadership and HIGH-LEVEL customer service.
- This is a perfect job for someone who enjoys variety and doesn’t want to sit at a desk all day.
AVERAGE COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- 41-week Training: $38,000
- 1-2 Years: $47,000-50,000
- 2 Years: $55,000-65,000
- 3-5 Years: $106,000
These are union positions. After 90 days, employees are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), PTO.
LOCATION: Trainees will work in a store close to their residence, with the possibility to move to other locations after training completion.
Note: Candidates must be able to commute to Itasca, IL for the interview and, potentially, at other points during training.
SCHEDULE: Trainees must have open availability, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.27 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Do you have open weekend availability?
- Have you previously worked for Jewel-Osco?
- Are you currently unemployed or underemployed (working under 32 hours/week or outside your field)?
- Do you currently live in Chicagoland (IL)?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
- Supervising: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations