Job Title Legal & Accounting
Category Legal Support Workers, All Other
Salary 90,000 USD (per year)
Baker Tilly professionals on our Digital Team provide management consulting, solution design, and implementation services for mid- to large-size companies. This fast-paced team is looking for individuals that can understand complex requirements and translate those into best-practice based designs, work independently or as part of a team, and have a track record of proven success.
Thanks to the rapid growth of Baker Tilly's Digital group, we have an exciting opportunity for an IFS Accounting/Finance Solution Architect to join our practice.
The IFS Accounting/Finance Solution Architect will be a valued leader in one of our most dynamic markets. You will work side-by-side with firm leadership to serve clients and build the business, having a direct impact on the firm’s success. Additionally, you will be a mentor and coach to a group of talented staff, utilizing your expertise to help develop their technical and professional skills.
If you are invigorated by these exciting challenges, then this could be the right opportunity for you! As one of the fastest growing firms in the nation, BT has the ability to offer you upward career trajectory, flexibility in how and where you get your work done and meaningful relationships with clients, teammates and leadership who truly care about you and your development.
The possibilities with digital transformation are endless, and our next phase of hyper growth is just getting started - come join us and help build something special.
You will enjoy this role if:
- You are looking for your next challenge, crave variety where no day is the same and feel your skills and experience can be better utilized
- You are looking to be part of a fast growing, innovative practice where your hard work and creativity can help us continue to build, improve and advance
- You are excited about enabling organizations leveraging modern ERP solutions like IFS Cloud
- You like to work with a variety of clients, spanning many industries
- You are a team player with strong communication skills and desire to work collaboratively with others to meet client needs
- You do your best work when you are part of a talented, down-to-earth team that thrives in collaboration and truly enjoys working together.
- You feel valued when you are provided the resources and support to continually sharpen your technical skills and build your career now, for tomorrow.
What you will do:
- Design and deliver IFS Financial Modules (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Financial Reporting, and Product Costing) with leading practices throughout all phases of an ERP transformation
- Apply business process and system expertise to bring forth leading practices in the areas of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Chart of Account design/setup, Product Costing methods, Financial Reporting, Sales/VAT taxation, and Consolidations
- Hands-on formulation of business and functional requirements to set the direction for corresponding solution delivery aligned with business goals
- Oversee and participate in the configuration of the IFS Cloud solution to bring client requirements to life, lead testing and training programs as a part of ERP transformations
- Support robust change management programs to increase adoption for our clients with the IFS Cloud solution
- Partner with project managers to identify project risk and issues. Work together to collaboratively develop and articulate mitigation strategies
- Participate in the development and deployment of implementation methodologies, training and toolkits through internal initiatives
- Support sales cycles as needed as a Subject Matter Expert
- Lead the continuous development of the market offering
- Provide coaching and mentoring to consultants and client team members
- Provide performance counseling and career development to consultants
- Participate in the development and delivery of IFS Cloud implementation training for team members
- Utilize your entrepreneurial skills to network and build strong relationships internally and externally with clients and the community
- Invest in your professional development individually and through participation in firm wide learning and development programs
- Support the growth and development of team members and clients through the Baker Tilly Care and Teach philosophy, helping associates meet their professional goals
- Enjoy friendships, social activities and team outings that encourage a work-life balance
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field or relevant experience in the field
- Minimum of seven (7) years of implementation experience, with 2+ years of hands on experience implementing financial/accounting modules within IFS Applications or other leading ERP Solutions (ex. SAP, Oracle E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics, Infor, Epicor)
- IFS Financials experience or Practitioner Certification preferred
- Certification or Experience with additional IFS Application modules a plus (Cost Accounting, Project Accounting, Fixed Assets, Financial Analysis, Group Consolidation)
- Business expertise in FP&A processes a plus along with strong knowledge of other financial business processes such as Record to Report, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Ability to engage effectively at the business and technical level, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable business strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details
- Exhibit appropriate ethical knowledge, sense of urgency and commitment to quality, and the timely completion of projects
- Ability to multi-task across different projects and stakeholders both internal and external
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with client resources from hourly resources to C-suite
- Ability to travel, potentially up to 50%
- Must be willing to work non-traditional business hours for client demands occasionally
Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the world’s leading financial centers – New York, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148 territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly’s roles have the opportunity to work remotely. Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to understand the requirements for an opportunity you are exploring.
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local law.