Job Title IT & Technology
Category Information Technology Project Managers
Salary 137,500 USD
200-900 US - CDO Office – CDO Office - US /
Alation continues to hire for roles at various locations with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19 crisis. Everyone new to the Alation team, along with our current workforce, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, and digital transformation. Nearly 230 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation. For more information, visit https://www.alation.com/
We are looking to hire a skilled Sr. IT Support Specialist to assist our end-users with computer hardware and software issues, as well as get your hand dirty (metaphorically) working with our infrastructure. You will be required to work on-site and remotely to assist with hardware installations, software upgrades, systems integrations, and basic IT-related issues.
To ensure success as a Sr. IT Support Specialist, you should have extensive knowledge of Okta, Google Workspace, Workspace One UEM, AWS. An ideal Sr. IT Support Specialist provides fast and effective support for end-users experiencing basic hardware and software issues, has a high aptitude to learn on the fly, good problem-solving skills, high-level interpersonal skills, and the ability to perform onboarding and off-boarding functions. This role reports to the IT Manager at Alation’s HQs (Redwood City, CA).
At Alation you will:
- Tier II aids support to the Alation Helpdesk which is the first line of support for our internal customers
- Respond to the internal customers with an analysis of their needs through qualifying questions via in-place communication platforms and may use remote applications to diagnose the needs
- Manage enterprise applications including:
- Okta: SCIM integrations, New Application Integrations, Manage Users, Manage Groups, Perform automation tasks
- Workspace One: Create/Implement new processes, Manage inventory, Manage user profiles, Manage user applications
- AWS: Create/Manage EC2 Instances, Manage Security Groups, Manage access, Work cross-functionally with other departments to assist with requests
- Consistently review and prioritizes tickets and workload
- Document calls and resolutions in the ticketing system to ensure continuity throughout the team
- Create documentation to enable staff and team to resolve issues
You may be a fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer or Support Technician
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware systems
- Knowledge of popular operating systems, software applications, and remote connection systems
- Ability to solve complex hardware and software issues.
- Ability to travel and work after hours when necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with a willingness to work well with others on a regular basis
For information about company benefits, please visit www.ibenefitsapp.com/alation-2021. Password is Alation21.
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge