Job Title IT & Technology
Category Information Technology Project Managers
Salary 112,500 USD
Recruiting Firm, Riderflex has been hired by our client, to find their Network Security Engineer!
Industry: Real Estate Development and Construction
Title: Network Security Engineer
Location: Edison, NJ; Allentown, PA; Atlanta, GA
An exciting opportunity with an international company!
Our client is seeking a qualified Network Security Engineer to join their team. This position would ideally work from their Edison, NJ office.
The candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Able to meet deadlines, prioritize projects, and observe confidentiality. Extensive IT knowledge and technical proficiency to troubleshoot and problem solve.
The Network Security Engineers is responsible for the provisioning, deployment, configuration, and administration of many different pieces of network and security-related hardware and software. These include firewalls, routers, switches, various network-monitoring tools, and virtual private networks (VPNs). This position is the company’s first line of defense against unauthorized access from outside sources and potential security threats. Not only does the Network Security Engineer need to know how to mitigate any potential threats that become evident, but they also must know how to strategize and prepare before any security threat is enacted.
The individual needs to be comfortable working in a small decentralized technology group with minimal supervision.
- Testing for Network Vulnerabilities - work with the overall team to evaluate, test, and troubleshoot technologies. This individual is expected to identify, diagnose, and resolve information security issues.
- Prepare Reports - Based on findings, the Network Security Engineer will write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- Produce Documentation - To ensure proper protocols and processes are in place, the Network Security Engineers will create and maintain comprehensive documentation related to server and security infrastructure.
- Create Network Security Policies - Devise comprehensive network security policies. This includes determining security issues that need to be addressed; identifying security strategies needed to deal with the risks; implementing policies for allocating administrative tasks; keeping on top of audit logs to flag suspicious activity; and devising network password procedures.
- Manage Vendor Relationships - maintain strong relationships with integrators and vendors to maintain upgrades, installations, and planning alongside exploration of new features and innovative solutions.
- Be hands-on with technology
- Network and Server administration and troubleshooting
- Implement Group Policy Objects in Active Directory environments
- Manage automated method for hotfixes/standard patches for Windows servers and workstations
- Design and implement backup/disaster recovery solutions for image and file level data
- Provide escalation support for operations issues
- Participate in rotating on-call after hours and weekend for both Tier 1 and 2 support
- Assist with Help Desk Tier 1 support as needed
- 3+ years technical experience with network security (routers, firewalls, etc.)
- 3+ years technical experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- 3+ years working with virtualization platforms (VMWare) in clustered environments
- 3+ years working with Citrix
- 3+ years working with Microsoft Exchange 2013/2016
- Advanced Active Directory domain administration skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience in working with remote management of networks
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with technical, non-technical staff, and customers/stakeholders
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 4-year technical degree (Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or similar) or equivalent relevant career experience
- Experience in a multi-national environment (U.S., Canada and Europe)
- Familiarity with Shoretel VOIP environment
- Familiarity with EMC SourceOne
- Familiarity with EMC OpenText
- Medical, Dental and Vision plan
- Flexible spending plans
- EXCELLENT time off benefits
- Opportunity for personal and career growth
- Team oriented environment
About Recruiting Firm, Riderflex
Riderflex is a global Business Advisory and Recruiting Firm. As Culture Analysts, our core purpose is to maximize profits for our clients by matching their company culture to candidate personalities that fit. At Riderflex, our recruiting process includes vetting candidates through video interviews by former C-Level executives with over 30 years of experience. We recruit for all industries and functions, from C-Suite to Manager level.
Listen to the Riderflex Podcast - Career Advice and Job Interviewing Tips
I consent to be contacted over SMS/Text for this job.