Job Title Healthcare
Category Healthcare Support Workers, All Other
We’re looking for an energetic, customer focused, results oriented Network Security Engineer to join our team. You’ll need to be a focused and technically agile individual who can leverage your established knowledge to design, test and install secure frameworks around internal, external and cloud networks, as well as develop patterns to resolve problems, ensure security alignment, and recommend and implement security improvements. We’re looking for a team member who has a deep familiarity with a variety of network security concepts and practices with the willingness and desire to display an ownership model to their technical platforms. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude, adaptability, and excitement to learn and stretch into new technology platforms while leveraging network architecture expertise to deliver on company strategy. If you thrive on small teams that focus on innovative solutions and are passionate about ownership and team mentorship, we invite you to apply to learn more about our collaborative team environment!
What You’ll Do and Impact
- Collaborate and Manage Tech Security Platform Projects.
- Drive development of security design principles, models, plans, internal standards, and processes through collaboration with the Security Team. Provide guidance and direction on solution recommendation and implementation.
- Identify, document, and recommend security safeguards and configurations throughout the network.
- Troubleshoot and Resolve Infrastructure Security Issues.
- Problem-solve network security design and operational issues. Streamline automation and security optimization where applicable.
- Recommend improvements to infrastructure operations and deployment to support reliability as well as security of existing products and services.
- Monitor, Manage, and Lifecycle Secure Connectivity.
- Develop and implement proactive methods for tracking and monitoring network security environments and provide recommendations for enhancements.
- Track developments and changes in the environments to ensure communication and network security strategy plans and architecture artifacts are addressed and communicated across all technology platforms.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in IT Computing, Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years working as a Network Security Engineer, SecOps Engineer, or Cloud Infrastructure Engineer with proven competencies in Access Management with Endpoint Security, Authentication, and Perimeter Security.
- Advanced experience with network functions (WAN, VPN, IDS/IPS, Active Directory), firewall enforcement and operational management, user role and machine authentication management, network access control (NAC), remote access/VPN access, and Proxy configuration and management
- Ability to validate technology platform reference architecture for best practices and recommend changes to enhance security and reduce risk
- Willingness to learn new technology disciplines and demonstrated ability to lead, coach and mentor other team members
- Ability to communicate complex environments to executives in a consumable fashion, comfortable challenging teams, and strong business acumen. Advocate secure and sustainable patterns that balance risk with cost; gain alignment across multiple stakeholder groups
- Must be willing and able to participate in on-call, after hours maintenance and occasional weekend support work. Ability to lift 35 pounds, access physically raised network closets, and ability to travel between campuses (North Milwaukee to Downtown Milwaukee) as needed to provide support
Additional Items of Interest:
- Certifications such as CISSP, CCNP/CCIE
- Experience with AWS network architecture (AWS Advanced Network Specialty Certification a plus)
- Experience securing Public Cloud environments leveraging automation
- Experience with vulnerability management and NIST risk assessment management framework
- Knowledge of cyber security standard frameworks such as ISO