Job Title Management & Operations
Category General and Operations Managers
Salary 90,000 USD
Located in Fremont, CA
Job title Transportation & Logistics Coordinator Contract Type Regular Publication date 2021-04-19 Country United States
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health , Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
The science of electronics is transforming exponentially through innovation and connectivity around the planet. Every day, breakthroughs are making technologies – from micro-processors, memory chips and flat panels to photovoltaic cells – even smaller and more powerful, opening up countless new possibilities in how the world lives, works and connects. Air Liquide Advanced Materials grows by enabling our customers to innovate. Our ALOHA™ and Voltaix® products are critical to the manufacturer of the newest computer chips required for Big Data and the Internet of Things.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
Please click on link below for additional information regarding Air Liquide Advanced Materials:
Transportation Coordinator arranges inbound and outbound shipments with international and domestic service providers for the Fremont site. The Coordinator creates documents necessary for booking shipments and will work with approved freight forwarders to schedule and book International shipments. This requires extensive regulatory knowledge of DOT and international regulations for shipping and documentation requirements. The Coordinator tracks shipment statuses and communicates with internal clients about the shipment's progress. The Coordinator collaborates with numerous adjacent functions involved in the shipment and receipt of materials. The Coordinator manages the import clearance process with customs brokers and freight forwarders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drive a culture of “Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time” with actions and words on a daily basis.
- Safely and efficiently perform assigned processes to meet the required daily logistics
- Knowledge and understanding of AFS, UPS and FedEx accounts/software. Ability to process shipments when called upon
- Complete all AES filings for international shipments originating from the site
- Collaborate and communicate with logistics technicians, customer service representatives, quality personnel and others involved in the shipment and receipt of product about information related to the shipment.
- Compile carrier and route assignments.
- Tracking, tracing, and updating the status of shipments on a daily basis.
- Schedule customer order pickups with freight carriers
- Coordinate delivery schedule for inbound shipments
- Support Transportation Manager functions establishing transportation standard for new product introductions and unusual customer requests
- Support East Coast S/R groups with inquiries related to transportation and trade compliance topics
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with other departments as needed on logistics processes/ quality issues.
- Ensure compliance with import/export regulations, customs regulations, legal requirements and company policies
- Generate DG documents, print SDS/Globally Harmonized System (GHS) documents required for shipment
- Prioritize workload and have flexibility to adjust based on position requirements
- Prepare paperwork for and schedule all ocean shipments with freight forwarders
- Prepare necessary import/export documents that flow internally and externally
- Plan and schedule all import deliveries and export pickups
- Successfully complete other projects and tasks assigned
- Work on holidays and/or weekends per business need
- Participate in continuous improvement teams
- Train Logistic Technicians as backups
- Cross-train in order to be a backup for Logistics team members
- Successfully complete all required trainings
- Requires a high school diploma or higher
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience in logistics operations (shipping, receiving, warehouse operations, import/export operations and procedures, inventory management)
- Experience in filing International Maritime Organization (IMO), Automated Export System (AES), and Importer Security Filing (ISF) documents
- Proven record processing shipments in accordance with DOT regulations and hazardous
- Experience processing shipments using UPS and FedEx software
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain focus and adapt to a variety of challenges
- Demonstrated ability to conduct detailed procedures in a time constrained environment
- Proven record of good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic proficiency with MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Google Docs, Sheets, & Slides
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Knowledge of 49 CFR, 15 CFR, Department of Transportation (DOT), International Air Transport Association (IATA), and International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) regulations. Certification will be required.
- Prior global shipping management/customs clearance experience is highly desirable.
A world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 employees and serves more than 3.8 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902.