Job Title Retail
Are you a natural storyteller who loves working with people and is interested in the
Oregon wine industry? Are you driven to create a successful personal brand and
business within one of Oregon's leading wineries? This is an exciting opportunity
to develop a clientele to grow your retail sales career and earn unlimited
commission on the wines you sell.
Willamette Valley Vineyards, a leading producer of world-class wines, is seeking an
energetic, team player, and customer-focused individual to join our team at our
Estate winery just south of Salem. The winery offers great growth potential and
uncapped commission for top performers.
The Winery Ambassador Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting
the management of the team of Winery Ambassadors. This includes motivating
staff to hit personal and department goals and maintaining administrative
organization within the department.
This position will also perform as a Winery
Ambassador and is responsible for successfully building and
nurturing long-term relationships with Willamette Valley Vineyards customers by
hosting elevated experiences and reaching out to customers by phone.
Willamette Valley Vineyards offers:
Health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with match after 1-year, paid holidays,
vacation and sick time, employee discounts on food and wine
Primary Job Responsibilities
Assistant Manager Responsibilities:
- Act as the point of contact for support and questions from the Winery Ambassadors.
- Works with the Winery Ambassador Manager to create internal Ambassador specials to help increase sales.
- Supports in the recruiting and hiring process, when requested.
- Handles onboarding and training of all new Estate Ambassadors.
- Prepares monthly Ambassador schedule.
- Supports Winery Ambassador Manager in the annual review process with comments, feedback, and/or participation.
- Performs as a Winery Ambassador to create a memorable customer experience while selling wine by phone, email, and in person to their lead and customers.
- This position will not distribute any leads and will not audit sales or commission as to not create a conflict between leadership and sales activities.
- Assists in other duties as necessary.
- Winery Ambassador Responsibilities:
- Prepare and conduct private, elevated experiences, seated tastings, on-site events, off-site events, Pairings Wine Dinners, and daily tours when assigned. These provide face-to-face opportunities to build leads and customers.
- Maintain updated customer relationship management software on all clients to track preferences and sales.
- Assure all orders are placed in a timely manner and necessary follow-up is completed,
- Attend sales training, and wine education seminars and learn our wine portfolio, history, and stories that created the winery.
- Plan strategically to maximize phone and face-to-face contact with clients.
- Work efficiently with all departments of the company to ensure optimal customer service levels are being achieved and maintained.
- Consistently hit monthly sales targets.
- Assist with answering incoming calls and responding to incoming chats on the website
- A valid/current OLCC Server’s Permit and Food Handler’s Card
- A current Driver’s License and a clean/good driving record
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, including the ability to lead and delegate tasks with effective follow-up
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to use standard CRM, Microsoft Office Suite, POS, and department specific related software programs
Must Be Able To:
- Lift 40lbs and navigate stairs and hilly terrain.
- Stand for long periods of time and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Work weekends.
- Work on-site winery events. Most of these events are held over holiday weekends such as Memorial Day and Thanksgiving.
- Build team dynamics and synergy across departments.
- Work well behind the scenes using discretion and keeping all information confidential.
- Meet and exceed sales goals.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions appropriately.
- Must be:
- Independently motivated to identify and resolve issues, at the department level.
Willamette Valley Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Company Introduction
Founded in 1983 by Oregon native Jim Bernau with the dream of creating world-class Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley Vineyards has grown from a bold idea into one of the region's leading wineries, earning the title “One of America's Great Pinot Noir Producers” from Wine Enthusiast Magazine.