Job Title Engineering
BC Forward currently looking for a Technical Field Service Engineering Manager to work with one of our clients. I would love to tell you more about this position and learn a few things about you, as well. If you feel comfortable with it, please revert me with your updated profile in a word format at your earliest or you can reach me at (463) 233-5754.
Job Title: Technical Field Service Engineering Manager (Aircraft)
Work Location: Fort Worth, TX 76114
Expected Duration: Fulltime Direct Hire
Pay Rate: $90,000 - $130,000/annum
Position Type: Onsite Job
Note - Must have an Engineering degree
Must be able to travel (approximately 50%) and work outside normal business hours.
- Provides leadership for international technical field service engineering team directly supporting customer needs for premier customer service by collaborating with key stakeholders supporting root cause investigation of emerging issues, implementation of product improvements, and corrective actions. Coordination of time sentive communication and periodic project overviews for addressing complex technical issues by providing status and resolution plans to both internal and external customers. Supports the customer service team for the identification of potential applications and business opportunities for emerging technologies.
- Implement ongoing project status reviews using project management tools and engineering systems, maintaining effort within defined scope, cost and schedule constraints.
- Leading the field service team in supporting continuous improvement for maintenance, training, and support strategies ensuring world class customer service of Parker fielded product including reliability data coordination for addressing potential product support agreements and prognostic service applications.
- Manages the team making both time sensitive AOG Makes decisions on and establishes technical priorities for projects within the teams scope. Acts as the primary technical contact on team for project performance and as an advisor to OEM engineering, business development and aftermarket operations. Partners with the Business Development team to bring suggestions for, and communicate technical justification for product improvement and retrofits (PI&R). Represents the organization as the technical liaison in providing solutions to customer problems, as well as providing escalation path for critical customer issues.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external customers and assure customer needs are identified and addressed.
- Implement and maintain consistent engineering practices, standards, and documentation procedures and reporting systems engineering change flow down; training; knowledge databases). Takes appropriate steps to protect and safeguard Parker intellectual property.
- Develop and analyze the operating budget; projects and plans for future needs (e.g. workforce planning; introduction of new services and technologies). Monitor and manage conformance to contractual requirements, including rogue unit policies, Cost Per Hour (CPH) technical requirements, and Entry into Service (EIS) Support.
- Compile engineering cost and schedule data and identify opportunities for process improvements to reduce cost and/or schedule to improve engineering productivity. Provide feedback to the team on performance to engineering cost targets.
- Make recommendations and decisions on human resources actions (e.g. staffing, training, compensation, etc.); discusses exceptional cases with the next level manager. Communicate and implement actions to ensure Parker values and company policies are well understood and maintained (e.g. business ethics; integrity; inclusion). Continue identification and execution of continuous improvement ideas to deliver improved performance to the business.
- Works with business development and program management to identify new business opportunities, present Parker product capabilities, and clarify customers technical requirements. Identify and create technical training and development plans. Mentor or serve as a resource to share specialized knowledge with others. Maintain leadership and technical capabilities through continued education or training.
- Leads a worldwide technical field service engineering team supporting commercial aircraft
- Manages customer aircraft system and component technical training
- Ensures strong relationships and excellent communication with customer technical teams
- Provides timely fielded product performance monitoring, trend identification, and reporting
- Develops and leads strategies to improve team effectiveness and enhance customer satisfaction
- Significant contributor in building and maintaining the product improvement & retrofit pipeline
- Bachelor degree in engineering or a science technical discipline. Master's Degree (MS or MBA) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 7-9 years of related experience.
- Has prior management/supervisory responsibility for 2-3 years.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to establishing and maintaining best in class technical customer support, including timely, effective, and friendly 24/7 technical AOG support.
- Broad technical knowledge of aircraft systems and components required. Background in flight controls, fuel, hydraulic and/or inerting systems highly desired.
- Experience troubleshooting on-wing aircraft issues highly desired.
- Strong customer support and relationship skills required. Experience working directly with airline customers highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build, lead and motivate teams. Ability to lead a diverse team of individuals from multiple regions who are themselves working independently.
- Strong communication skills essential. Must be effective presenting to and persuading effectively at all levels within the organization and at the customer.
- Must be a self-starter who highly organized, process driven and results oriented.