Job Title Technology
Responsible for the support of the Clinic's Server environment.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Monitors server utilization to determine if additional user licenses or disk expansion is needed and communicates the need to his/her supervisor.
2. Orders necessary equipment and prepares servers to be on the Clinic Network by loading software and by installing hardware.
3. Assists PC technicians when necessary with PC and printer problems.
4. Installs software packages and user licenses on servers.
5. Keeps track of server hardware and software inventory logging serial numbers and users.
6. Regularly informs supervisor of ongoing activities, reviews progress, and provides status report.
7. Recommends server hardware or software solutions to provide for more efficient operation.
8. Performs Windows server and domain administration.
9. Performs email server administration.
10. Maintains Active Directory
11. Performs day-to-day management of the server operating system
12. Maintains server performance
13. Windows server builds and deployments supporting application servers.
14. Support server imaging technology using VMware
15. Manages the upgrade of servers, software and maintain backup and recovery procedures.
16. Optimizes server and application performance.
17. Maintenance and capacity planning analysis on hardware and storage system.
18. SQL Server experience is required
19. Must have strong hardware and software diagnostic skills.
20. Sizing hardware, capacity planning, storage design, disaster recovery, databases and documentation is required.
21. Monitoring and testing of Disaster Recovery and Backup plans.
22. Backup for Network Engineer.
23. Evaluates PC Software packages for Clinic appropriateness and researches best prices for software and hardware as requested by clinic personnel and directed by his/her supervisor.
24. Coordinates purchase of hardware and software as directed by his/her supervisor.
25. Performs some training of users of networked software
26. Backup role for PAC Administrator.
27. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Five years of experience supporting Windows Server environments is required.
- Strong experience with VMware server virtualization
- Experience with server security, upgrades and deployment of security and operating system patches.
- Knowledge of PC systems, specifically Windows is required. Must be able to install memory, disk drives, and SAN/NAS is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL required.
- Experience working with IIS is beneficial.
- Knowledge with installed PC software is also desirable.
- Consistently arrives at work, in professional attire, on time and completes all tasks within established time frame.
- Seeks appropriate tasks when primary tasks are completed and assists co-workers as needed.
- Demonstrates adaptability to expanded roles.
- Adheres to Clinic’s policies and procedures.
- A two-year degree in Computer Science is required or 7 years of Server Administration experience.
- MCSE certification is beneficial.