Job Title Restaurants/Food Service
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Financial Reporting Sr Financial Analyst is responsible for generating, analyzing, and reporting monthly IFRS financial data to the UK parent entity ("Group"). The Sr Analyst also compiles annual financial statements for various US entities. This position plays a key role in determining the proper reporting requirements for complex accounting topics which involves researching technical accounting guidance and liaising with our Group team. In addition to the core responsibilities, this position also has a strong focus on process improvement initiatives outside of the month-end close cycle, improving both internal team tasks and technology tools as well as for other stakeholders throughout the finance organization. This role reports to the Sr. Manager of Financial Reporting.
* Prepare a monthly summary financial package and financial statements utilizing IFRS standards, for both internal senior management as well as Group
* Analyze monthly results for USA, Alaska and Gulf of Mexico for accuracy, including tie-outs, reconciliations and supplemental detail schedules
* Prepare annual financial statements for the US, Puerto Rico, and other US entities
* Responsible for generating mid-year and year-end deliverables; including audit, internal and external ad-hoc requests
* Facilitate the consolidation of SAP’s financial data to report into the Group’s HFM reporting application
* Collaborate and work across the accounting departments to ensure integrity of the financials and ensures sound controls and procedures
* Act as a corporate liaison with Group and assist in answering questions as needed related to account variances, balance sheet movements and other ad-hoc items
* Maintain the SAP to HFM mappings, reflecting all monthly master data changes made in SAP
* Own the completion of governmental surveys related to the business; monthly quarterly and annual surveys
* Evaluate reporting inputs and collaborate with business owners to streamline and further automate the reporting process without compromising accuracy, completeness and deadlines
* Develop and execute upon various process improvement initiatives across the financial reporting function of the Compass Group NA team in collaboration with Group and various stakeholders and financial functions of the organization
* Participate in future UK SOX project to implement controls as required by the UK Financial Reporting Council
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
* CPA/CPA Candidate
* 3-4+ years of accounting/finance experience (public accounting and/or industry)
* Experience with SOX compliance testing & internal controls
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Solid understanding of IFRS and US GAAP
* Prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
* MS Office proficiency
* Detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills
* SAP & Hyperion/Essbase experience
* 2+ years Public Accounting experience
* MS in Accounting
* Experience with a large company (> $3 billion sales preferred)
* Microsoft Power Platform / process automation experience
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1100243