Job Title Software Developer/Full Stack
Software Developer (Full Stack)
Naval Nuclear Laboratory ->
Fleet Support & Naval Training ->
Fleet Power Plant Engineering
Niskayuna - Niskayuna, NY 12309 US (Primary)
West Mifflin - West Mifflin, PA 15122 US
Are you an experienced software developer/full stack developer looking for a challenging position at a company with an honorable mission? A company with excellent and competitive benefits, great work/life balance, and job stability? If so, look no further. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is seeking asoftware developer/full stack developer to join our growing software development team. NNL develops the world's best nuclear propulsion systems, trains Sailors to operate them, and provides full lifecycle support, from technology development through design to disposal.
As a software developer/full stack developer, you will be part of a team that creates client/server and web-based in-house applications that are installed onboard Navy submarines and aircraft carriers.
You will play a primary role in the research, design, development, implementation, and fieldingof these applications. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: developing high quality code, remediating vulnerabilities according to cybersecurity principles, performing unit testing with attention to detail, and publishing engineering documentation including architectural diagrams and technical specifications.
We proudly offer:
- Competitive salary package commensurate with experience, which includes excellent health, dental, and vision benefits; 401k with company match; and paid vacation/holidays.
- Tuition reimbursement for those looking to further their education in a company-sponsored degree program.
Based on your previous experience, you will be hired at one of the following:
Intermediate Software Developer/Full Stack Developer:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience; or
- Master of Sciencein Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one(1) year relevant experience
Advanced Software Developer/Full Stack Developer:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four (4) years relevant experience; or
- Master of Sciencein Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is operated for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) by Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC (FMP), a wholly owned subsidiary of Fluor Corporation. Naval Nuclear Laboratory personnel are FMP employees who work lities:
Bettis r Laboratory, Knolls r Laboratory, Kenneth
A. Kesselring Site, and Naval Reactors Facility, and at the U.S. Department of Defense-owned Nuclear Power Training Unit-Charleston. FMP employees also have an established presence at numerous shipyards and vendor locations. For nearly 70 years, the Naval Nuclear Laboratory has developed advanced nuclear propulsion technology, provided technical support, and trained world-class nuclear operators to ensure the safe and reliable operation of our nation's submarine and aircraft carrier Fleets.
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is a national asset solely dedicated to the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. We rely on the dedication and innovation of our nearly 8000 engineers, scientists, technicians, and support personnel.
All candidates must be U.S. citizens. Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. FMP is a government contractor and maintains a drug free workplace and workforce. All candidates must be able to pass a drug test in compliance with FMP company policy and 10 CFR 707. Federal regulation requires FMP test for marijuana.
As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive , Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC (FMP) may require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by their start date, subject to approved disability or religious accommodations. We understand this federal requirement is subject to litigation and enforcement may change.
Fluor Marine Propulsion is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Veterans/Disabilities)