Job Title Technology
Software Developer (Full Stack) Engineer
Novel Engineering is currently seeking a Software Developer (Full Stack) Engineer for our client in the Melbourne area. The Software Developer must have experience in analyzing customer needs and developing overall concept and design objectives. Must have experience in debugging and correcting errors in computer programs. The Software Developer must have experience and knowledge to design, code, test, debug, and document software experience in evaluating alternative and selecting optimal approaches.
Candidates must be a citizen of the United States.
Candidates must be located within commuting distance of Melbourne, FL. Candidates may be remote but will be required to come into the office to access some resources needed for software maintenance efforts.
- Designing and developing API's
- Creating servers and databases for functionality
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications
- Testing and maintaining the responsive design of applications
- Writing clean code for the front and back end of the software
- Considering security, maintenance, scalability, and more when developing
- Communicating with end-users to determine product effectiveness
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related scientific /technical discipline. Five (5) years of experience in debugging and correcting errors in computer programs. OR eight (8) years additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- 5 years of experience using Agile methodologies, system architecture OR eight (8) years additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, and .Net.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience with service orientation concepts and enabling technologies
- Experience with Software Development and Implementation
- Software development skills, including design, development, testing, deployment and support
- Experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) Java, C, C++, C#, .Net, JS Node, PHP, CSS
- Experience using software development version control (e.g., GitHub)
- Excellent experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio)
- Experience using issue tracking product Jira
- Experience with XML/XSD Information Exchange Package Documentation (IEPD)
- Experience using IntelliJ IDEA
- Experience with MUMPS
- Experience with VistA
- Experience with containerized applications and management systems such as Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Experience with BPM tools such as Camunda
- Experience with CI/CD process tools like Jenkins
- Experience with any AWS technologies
Security Clearance Requirements
- Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active Public Trust security clearance with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Healthcare background
- Government background
Powered by JazzHR