Job Title Social Worker LCSW-C
- Job Summary
- Assesses, plans, and coordinates services and resources for patients and families to meet needs and/or provide for timely discharge.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Masters degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- 1 year experience in social work, preferably in a hospital setting.
- LCSW-C (Licensed Certified Social Worker - Clinical) license in the State of Maryland.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Diagnostic and problem solving skills. Must consistently demonstrate a positive attitude, be solution oriented regarding departmental issues and exhibit behavior consistent with a team approach to accomplishing departmental outcomes. Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with and completes referrals to appropriate community agencies for assistance based on patient need. Initiates referrals in a timely manner. Utilizes resources to help patient resume life in the community and/or to adjust to lifestyle changes.
- Completes psychosocial history or socioeconomic assessment in a timely manner per policy standards when referred by healthcare team or as determined by high-risk indicators.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Coordinates the completion of requisite forms by doctors, patients, and patients families for any services required in a timely, thorough and accurate manner.
- Develops and maintains information on community resources and referral requirements based on patient population as identified in the unit scope of practice.
- Documents activities in medical records per policy standards. Maintains statistical data as required.
- Facilitates communication between the patient and family and the healthcare team. Assesses and communicates the patients social, cultural, emotional, and economic problems to medical staff and other healthcare providers as needed.
- Identifies departmental performance improvement opportunities and demonstrates a solution-oriented approach in addressing those issues.
- Organizes individual workload and sets appropriate priorities based on patients medical plan, patients needs, and policy and procedures.
- Orients and/or supervises staff and students as assigned.
- Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary care coordination rounds and collaborates with internal and external healthcare providers, patient and family to develop a comprehensive discharge plan, as necessary.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams including consistent attendance and participation in LOS meetings. Participates in chart audits, as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides clinical assessment, evaluation, and disposition of persons presenting with behavioral health concerns or illness.
- Provides crisis intervention and management. Provides therapeutic intervention with patients and family, if necessary.
- Provides support to Emergency Department staff for behavioral health issues.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.