Cedar Park, Texasand 3 more locations
- Published : 2022-08-08
Job Title Business
Senior Area Sales Manager- Insulation Busines (Dallas Remote)
What is the ideal sales role?
Imagine you’ve just been hired into a sales role at an innovative Fortune 500 company that is one of the most recognized and trusted brands in the industry. In this role, you get to work with a group of dynamic customers that go to work every day excited to sell the products that you provide. It’s more than just the products you’re representing and the Pink Panther™ swag you’re offering them – you’re there to help them profitably grow their business, overcome obstacles, and be a positive force in the community. What if you were not just a salesperson, but a trusted business advisor that solves problems and provides solutions?
If that sounds exciting to you, you’ve found the right role. And if putting your talent and energy toward this amazing opportunity interests you, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Your customers will be building materials distribution and lumber companies, contractors, Infrastructure & Transportation manufacturers or global manufacturers and distributors that are looking for a consultative partner. Industry experience is not required, as we will help you further develop the necessary product knowledge, application expertise and building science insights. With that support, you will be prepared to utilize your financial business acumen, and the ability to critically analyze market trends, that will help your customers (and you) succeed.
What your success looks like with Owens Corning
- Strategically leveraging customer relationships to execute your annual sales plan, while helping your customers achieve their success.
- Driving growth within the building materials industry; providing added value to OC and your customers.
- Executing price strategy and providing customer insights.
- Growing with existing customers while developing new customer opportunities.
- Utilizing the knowledge of your market’s strengths and weaknesses to win.
Skills and Expertise Necessary to Succeed
- Prior experience selling on the value of a product or service to meet the needs of a customer, from cold call through close
- Listening skills that allow you to understand, diagnose and solve customer problems
- Driving success in business with a clear and intentional customer or territory strategy
- Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to make persuasive product presentations
- Conducts self with the highest ethical and moral standards
Business Specific Needs: Technical Insulation Sales Organization
- Position is home office based with the ability to travel overnight- supports our Eastern US Region
- Travel could be up to 60% with 6-8 overnight stays per month within key geographies
- Position must be home based within ideally the Dallas, TX territory
- Ability to operate across geographic and cultural boundaries
- Mechanical/ HVAC Insulation product knowledge
- Application, building science and financial acumen
- Ability to develop industry/ market knowledge
We are a company filled with collaborative, innovative, caring, competitive, diverse and, committed individuals. Every person on the team brings a strength, and every team brings the connection and partnership that drives value for our customers. We hope you will join us!
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses – Composites, Insulation, and Roofing – provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.