Job Title Real Estate
JOB TITLE: SHIFT SUPERVISOR
DIVISION: SERVICES – SECURITY
REPORTS TO: SECURITY MANAGER
LOCATION: BROOKLYN, NY
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for performing work involving a variety of specialized assignments, and security systems in a homeless shelter setting. The populations served are single men. Shift Supervisor reports to the Security Manager. The Security Shift Supervisor position pays $20/hr. Proof of COVID-19 vaccine is required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Train new security employees in all aspects of the facility.
- Supervise and delegate tasks assigned to SSO’s, drivers and kitchen staff working on assigned shifts
- Monitor access control, and ensure effective use of the magnetometer and x-ray machine
- Respond to incidents and utilize crisis management to protect the safety of the staff and clients
- Make rounds throughout the facility, and external premises to prevent, detect, deter, and report of hazardous situations, trespassers, and illegal activities.
- Respond to emergencies in person throughout the building, and provide guidance and support to line staff and subordinates.
- Complete monthly security reports
- Create incident reports and disseminate as appropriate
- Document in CARES and other Westhab protocols
- Facilitate process when EMS and NYPD are on site
- Conduct daily security and fire safety system inspections
- Fulfill all job responsibilities of a Client Care Monitor in their absence.
- Adjust staff schedules due to sick calls, and unexpected staff shortages
- Maintain safety and security of clients and staff.
- Provide crisis intervention when needed.
- Assist Security Manager in preparing and executing fire drills.
- Review log book entries, incident reports, and critical administrative responsibilities on assigned shift, checking for errors and ensuring accuracy
- Attend and conduct various meetings and training’s as needed.
- Check inventory of all assigned equipment daily, and investigate any discrepancies.
- Perform all related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Associates Degree in social services, criminology or related field; or equivalent experience required. A valid N.Y.S Security Guard License, Fire Guard License (FB0, or F89), and certified in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI). Must possess a general knowledge of security systems. Ability to solve problems; ability to make decisions based on factual information a must. Knowledge of video surveillance and fire detection / alarm notification system a must. Shift Supervisor must own their own vehicle and have knowledge of public transportation system. A home phone number is mandatory. Must be flexible on days and hours of availability. Must have shelter knowledge and be familiar with CARES and DHS shelter protocols
AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONS:
Westhab is the premier organization of our kind in our region, providing housing and supportive services for more than 10,000 of the most vulnerable members of our community each year. We are staffed by an extraordinary group of hard working professionals that are fully committed to our mission - Building Communities. Changing Lives. Working at Westhab is not easy. Our expectations for all staff are high. We believe that the people and the communities that we have the privilege to serve deserve our very best every day. We are results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact. If you want to apply for this opportunity, it should only be because you feel ready for the challenges and expectations that come with joining this kind of team. (EOE)
OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION (OSHA):
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) ensures safe and healthful working conditions to workers by setting and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education and assistance. Westhab complies with all applicable OSHA standards, rules and regulations in addition to keeping our workplaces free of serious recognized hazards.
Powered by JazzHR