Job Title Real Estate
At KNAPP (pronounced KaNop, not Nap!) "We Make Complexity Simple" by using cutting-edge technologies to deliver groundbreaking solutions for our clients. By leveraging the latest software, AI, and Robotics technology we are disrupting the logistics automation industry. We work with the world’s industry leaders in grocery, healthcare, retail, e-commerce, apparel & manufacturing.
We are a global company with our US headquarters right outside of Atlanta, GA. We specialize in dock-to-dock automation of the supply chain process for both B2B (Business to Business) and B2C (Business to Consumer.) With over 6,000 people in our group worldwide we are different than most other supply chain automation companies in that we not only offer robotics, but also other software-based solutions as well. We also reinvest 7% of our revenues in R&D ensuring a strong and vibrant future! Come help us change the world! For more information, visit www.knapp.com.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
As a Resident Maintenance Technician Team Lead, you will be expected to provide industrial Electrical/Mechanical expertise and you will be part of a team that works to maximize equipment utilization and efficiency. The role will assist in the development and implementation of processes to maintain proper utilization and functionality. This position will focus on the application of knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and automated equipment, including the utilization of 480vac, 240vac, 120vac, and 48vdc, 24vdc, VFDs, and PLCs (Siemens preferred.) The successful candidate will work with the existing Maintenance Shift Supervisor, Resident Site Supervisor, and/or Site Maintenance Manager and will work within a team of experienced engineers.
Be a team member providing first-class maintenance support to our customers; on operation and maintenance of automated storage and retrieval systems, and storage and picking systems installed at our customer’s locations.
- The Resident Maintenance Technician Team Lead will be eager and determined to succeed, though safety conscious in all activities undertaken, and will own problems and see them through to successful completion.
- The Resident Maintenance Technician Team Lead may be required to respond to emergency calls. Weekend work may be required and will be structured to provide forward planning.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Rectify electro-mechanical faults, resolve PLC related issues, provide expert knowledge and expertise, be the resident expert on this subject matter, and provide assistance to the Customer Site in assigned area.
- Respond to emergency calls at Customer sites
- Safety conscious in all activities
- Track and record any and all problems and see them through to a successful completion
- In conjunction with the Customers on-site maintenance department, provide a first-class response to Customer, ensuring a first-time right policy
- Provide emergency breakdown and specialized maintenance support
- Set up and calibrate precision automation equipment
- Create strong, effective working relationships with our Customer and their operational agents to enable Knapp to provide first-class service
- Achieve performance in terms of expected output, speed of response, quality-of-repair, and standards of workmanship
- Training of customer’s maintenance team, as required
- Expertise in the installation of conveyor and precision automation equipment
- Maintain quality of service by ensuring quality communications with Customers
- Ensure that reports are well-written and legible
- Execution of site quality procedures, safety procedures, and any statutory procedures
- Regular meetings with the Maintenance Shift Supervisor, Resident Site Manager, or Site Maintenance Manager, as applicable, to discuss activities and progress. Otherwise, provide that information to the Resident Business Manager.
- Provide specialized maintenance service support for the Customer’s installed system
- Ensure that all spare parts usage issues are logged appropriately and promptly with the Customer and Knapp spare parts team or CMMS, if available
- Ensuring proper care and maintenance of the tools and equipment supplied
- Provide flexibility and the best use-of-skills and capabilities
- Ensure that all time sheets and documents are correct and legible, with all the correct job numbers entered, and presented to Knapp on biweekly basis, for approval
- Provide mechanical strip-down/re-assembly, basic field wiring, machine calibration, and system testing, as needed
- Working against a timeframe to complete reactive repairs
- Interact with on-site management, keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression, and addressing their concerns in a professional manner
- Show hands-on ownership of issues to achieve a timely resolution
- Interpret and work with electrical circuit diagrams
- Utilize appropriate health & safety considerations with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
- Mechanical aptitude including reading assembly drawings
- Operate hand tools, and disassemble and assemble parts onto equipment
- Follow set up instructions, assembly drawings, and check lists
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow-up skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills for both internal and external customers
- Computer literate with basic Microsoft Office skills
- Willing to learn and adapt to changing role requirements
- Appreciation of cultural diversity
- Performs other duties, as required
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Degree in Electrical and or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3 - 8 years of verifiable progressive experience as Maintenance Repairman, Maintenance Electrician, Machine Repairman, or Industrial Maintenance Engineering
- Verifiable experience providing repairs on various types of machinery systems, including electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) and or (English/German) preferred but not required
- Extensive experience in equipment maintenance, modifications and design preferred
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to provide talent that contribute a unique interpretation or analysis of our systems to our customers.
- Process-oriented mentality
- Theoretical and operational experience in the repair, troubleshooting and maintenance of PLC-based machinery, highly automated and robotic equipment and control systems
- Network equipment interfaces, a plus
- Hands-on, team oriented and committed to improvement processes
- Experience in reducing costs through processes and efficiencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- Industry competitive compensation
- Great benefits with competitive employer contributions, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short & Long Term Disability and more!
- 401k with employer match and no vesting!
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Subsidized child-care
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Corporate Social Responsibility including recycling, sustainability, and volunteering