Job Title Business
Gordon-Conwell is a multidenominational, protestant graduate school, unique with its broad array of over 1,300 students and 25 faculty and staff from 78 denominations and over 50 countries. We offer a residential model of education at South Hamilton, MA (our main campus); an urban context in Boston, MA; adult educational models in both our Charlotte, NC campus and our offerings in Jacksonville, FL; in addition to online and cohort models involving students from around the world.
Our mission is to prepare men and women for ministry at home and abroad. Rooted in the gospel and God’s Word, the seminary seeks to develop Christian leaders who are thoughtful, globally aware, spiritually mature, and ready for a broad array of ministries. While being historically orthodox and evangelical, we seek to address the issues of our times with both relevance to the culture and faithfulness to Christ and God’s truthful Word.
Under the supervision of the Institutional Registrar, this position supports the mission of the seminary and the Registration team by overseeing a variety of functions required to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Registration Office and its service to students.
• Administrative Duties (60%)
o Handle incoming phone, email, and walk-in requests as well as retrieve voicemail and physical mail. Personally provide timely responses to all requests or forward to the appropriate team member.
o Provide efficient processing of student loan verifications, transcript requests, withdrawal/leave of absence, pass/fail and other petitions, immunization/TB documentation, course registration actions, posting transfer credit, and grades.
o Process data entry and student record updates, ensures the integrity and safe handling of all student records and files.
o Assist Registration & Student Success staff with maintaining update student check sheets.
o Monitor and update the Master Calendar list of tasks performed by Registration team to stay on track with all work needing to be performed throughout the year.
o Create, review, and revise office forms, documentation, academic and master calendars, and registration web pages for accuracy. Oversee office upkeep and supply maintenance.
o Assist in other activities requested by the Registrar or Assistant Registrar and provide support to the Enrollment Management Team as needed.
• Event Coordination (15%)
o Oversee the end-to-end execution of the New Student Registration Fair (fall and spring) and administration of Online Competency Exams (fall, spring, summer).
o Coordinates TB Clinics (fall and spring) in conjunction with nurse as needed. Serve as primary liaison between nurse and Registration Office, providing follow-up assistance as needed.
o Coordinate front office preparations for Commencement, including regalia distribution, name review, diploma printing, signage and labels, and other various tasks assisting the assistant registrar and registrar in graduation preparations.
• Website Content Management (10%) Update the Registration Office webpage content (in Canvas and WordPress) with schedule changes, updated forms, or other changes.
• BTI Cross-Registrations. (15%) Serve as the office liaison between students and the BTI host school registrars, processing cross-registrations and other registration actions and grades.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Customer Service: Strong customer service skills with ability to display empathy with all constituents. Commitment to collegiality, diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communication with others. Willingness to learn registration policies, procedures, and standard degree program requirements in order to assist students.
• Organization and Adaptability: Able to manage time well in order to accurately perform detailed work while also serving students in their varied academic concerns. Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
• Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness: Must have excellent listening, writing, and verbal communication skills. Must demonstrate an ability to collaborate and serve in a team environment that requires collegiality and collaboration with other seminary offices. Must possess sound judgment.
• Knowledge and Discernment: Must be sensitive to the varied needs of a diverse student population, have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, and be capable of functioning effectively within a student-centered, cooperative, decision-making environment.
• Technical Knowledge: Competent in using Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe. Ability and willingness to learn to perform at an intermediate level in the SONIS database system. Experience with website content maintenance is helpful but not required.
• Clear understanding of the Seminary’s mission and willingness to abide by the Community Life Statement.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
• 2+ years’ experience in administrative setting committed to confidentiality is strongly preferred.
• 2+ years’ experience in customer service is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of Gordon-Conwell and its various academic programs is helpful.
Please apply through Gordon-Conwell’s Career Center available here: https://www.gordonconwell.edu/employment/
Please include these documents in either Microsoft Word or PDF formats:
• A cover letter addressed to Natalie Crowson, Institutional Registrar, explaining your interest in the position.
• A formal CV that includes the names of at least three references.
No hard copy materials, please. Opportunities to interview will be made available at the search committee’s initiative. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.