Job Title Music Teacher- Part
Do you love music? Do you believe in the power of music to bring people together? If you do, and you want to be a key player in an organization whose purpose is to fill the world with more music and to develop generations of new musicians then we have a position where you can find your sound.
We are looking for provisional band teachers to join our Music
Education Services department! This role will provide music instruction as needed ols we serve. Ideal candidates will have a passion for teaching music and a high level of energy. Substitute positions also available!
Essential Functions (not all-inclusive):
- Stand in as the teacher for music classes at schools where our Music Educators are unavailable to teach whether due to illness or an unfilled schedule.
- Assist with student recruitment or after school events as needed.
- Prepare or follow given lesson plans for days that you are teaching and provide progress reports of the students when required, including student attendance.
- Maintain quality relationships with school administration and principals
- Coordinate with Music Educators to participate in their concerts
- This role will be a maximum of 20-24 hours per week
- Additional duties as assigned.
About Music & Arts
Music & Arts embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to create lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The first Music & Arts was located in a small house in Bethesda, MD and run by founder Benjamin O'Brien. When Music & Arts opened its doors in 1952, we offered printed music, music lessons, dance lessons, and art supplies. Ben decided shortly after opening his business that he wanted to focus on music to better serve his customers -- a decision that remains intact to this day.
Since the 1990's, Music & Arts has expanded nationwide through organic growth and a series of acquisitions and mergers with other music dealers. In 2005, Music & Arts joined forces with American Music to become the largest band and orchestra instrument retailer in the United States. Based in Frederick, MD, Music & Arts is now part of the Guitar Center enterprise and comprises 225+ retail stores, 200+ educational representatives, and 250+ affiliate locations.