Job Title Restaurants/Food Service
Based in Baltimore, MD and supporting anticipated new business in the mid-Atlantic
Morrison Living, a member of Compass Group®, is the nation’s only company exclusively dedicated to providing food, nutrition & wellness, EVS and hospitality services to the senior living industry.? Morrison has over 350 registered dietitians, 250 executive chefs, 400 hospitality associates and 7,000 professional food service team members. Actively committed to fostering ways to enjoy great-tasting, healthy food through socially responsible practices and superior customer service, the Atlanta-based company serves more than 450 senior living clients in 42 states, including some of the largest and most prominent senior living communities in the United States.
This position is for anticipated new business and future growth opportunities!
Working as a Regional Director of Operations (RDO) you will lead, manage, and inspire a team of District Managers and other leaders in your region. You will be part of the regional leadership team and provide planning, direction, and guidance to the accounts in your territory, while establishing and maintaining strong client relationships. Your goal is to achieve operational and financial goals in a dynamic environment.
- Leads, manages, and inspires a diverse team of District Managers, Resident District Managers, and/or Director of Dining Services, and their teams, to provide top-notch service
- Drives self and team towards building strong relationships with clients at all levels and achievement of KPIs (profitability, safety, engagement, etc.)
- Serves on regional leadership team; regularly communicates with peers to share best practices, mitigate risks, champion diversity, and build community
- Owns all accounts within assigned territory, ensuring input from and thoughtful communication with key partners; makes decisions grounded in balance of risk/reward and short/long term implications
- Supports RVP in setting cultural tone in region; meets regularly with extended team to ensure transparency, understanding, safety, accountability, and alignment
- Serves as representative/brand ambassador of the Chartwells team to senior clients in territory, and acts as escalation point
- Works with regional team members to ensure Sales and Retention process is smooth for all accounts (presentations, negotiations, etc.)
- Collaborates with key partners to support regional initiatives
- Ensures compliance with QA, policy, and USDA program requirements, along with completing all reporting on time
- Champions development in partnership with RVP within the region; conducts performance evaluations, along with succession planning, with focus on building multi-unit management skills; has full understanding of all roles in operation
- Owns the financial results/P&L for assigned territory, and works with leadership team to ensure accuracy for reporting, forecasting, and budgeting processes
- Ensures consistent and fair administration of all policies and procedures
- Recognizes and anticipates marketplace trends; participates in regional strategic planning meetings
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited college or university, or eight (8) years progressive experience in multi-unit foodservice, hospitality management, plant operations management, environmental services, laundry distribution or other Support Services areas in lieu of degree
- Strong background in senior leadership roles with exposure to contract/budget management, customer service, people development, food services, negotiations, etc.
- Has a proven track record of growing a business and leading teams, along with strong financial acumen
- Has ability to think quickly, analytically, strategically, and accurately
- Shows expert client relationship, influencing, listening, and communications (written and verbal) skills
- Champions the inclusion mindset, and is proactive, positive, professional, flexible, and resilient
- Demonstrates initiative, ownership, multi-tasking, prioritization, and organization skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite
Extensive travel required in this position
Apply to Morrison Living today!
Morrison Living is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Morrison Community Living are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)