Job Title Business
Career Title: Marketing Automation Specialist
Department: Marketing and Communications
Salary Hiring Range: $65,000,000-75,000 annually (paid bi-weekly)
Union Dues: 1.44% of your bi-weekly pay
As Marketing Automation Specialist within our Digital and Customer Experience team, you will be responsible for managing the automation platform (Hubspot) and fully leveraging its capabilities. Working closely with the entire Marketing & Communications team, this role will implement all programmatic and operational initiatives through our marketing automation platform (Hubspot.)
The ANA Enterprise Digital and Customer Experience team executes customer-centric and impactful marketing strategies to drive world-class customer experiences while delivering funnel growth. This role will focus on the execution and creation of day-to-day marketing activities for delivering the right information to move prospects along the customer journey.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in advertising, marketing, English, or communications
- 5+years’ experience in a digital operations marketing role required, with at least 2 years in email, segmentation, and marketing automation technology
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with HubSpot, Eloqua, or similar platform and proven expertise with marketing automation experience
- Knowledge and experience of HTML at a basic/intermediate level and Email content marketing experience
- Familiarity with data privacy policies (GDPR and CCPA) highly desirable
- Strong independent project management skills and an ability to work independently, and capable of handling multiple tasks with competing priorities with minimal direction, while also functioning and collaborating with teams
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, and must be detail-oriented
- Proactive, energetic personality; inquiring, investigative mind with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert knowledge of database management concepts and best practices
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to think critically and exercise independent judgment and discretion, and possess a collegial, positive and innovative work style
- Content management, creation, SEO and SEM optimization skills
- Exceptional communication skills, including written, verbal, and listening skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and administrative support
- Flexibility and diplomacy in dealing with changing priorities and demanding workload
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Perform day-to-day marketing activities including, but not limited to, email campaign set-up, scheduling, building automation maps, amending email templates, testing, tagging, and deployment of one-time and dynamic content-driven campaigns, as well as manage the execution (based on business requirements) of batch emails, marketing automation, related web pages including email schedule and contact strategy, HTML, segmentation, testing, deployment for basic and intermediate tactics, and collaborate across teams and functions to support goals
- Provide email execution and management of related activities, can include but not limited to maintaining email marketing promotional calendar and send schedule, scheduling emails, and handling target customer lists, managing the lead lifecycle, lead scoring, lead nurturing, segmentation, and data cleansing
- Understand email technology and all the different data sources we have access to and how to best use data and technology to deliver incremental growth and adhere to email list hygiene rules to ensure optimal deliverability and avoid blacklisting of our email database and maintain customer segment databases based on identified personas
- Work with management to define KPIs, create reporting, and analyze campaign performance. Create recommendations to improve campaigns continuously and understand and evaluate campaign metrics and distribute campaign performance to the MarCom team.
- Be the MarCom representative and oversee essential marketing operations initiatives and governance in HubSpot and manage unsubscribe requests, suppression lists, marketing general inboxes
- Ensure accuracy, quality, and brand consistency in communications and digital tactics and troubleshooting technical issues related to HTML templates, list segmentation, and other aspects of email execution as required
- Plan and perform A/B testing to define and execute enhancements to productivity, conversion rates, programs/campaign ROI, and sales growth
- Performs special projects and serves on teams and committees across the ANA Enterprise as assigned
Hybrid: Employees are considered Hybrid if they are regularly scheduled to work in at least 20% of their work week or work month in an ANA Enterprise Office.
Hybrid employees are expected to travel to the office when requested and/or when necessary to achieve results or meet business needs.
Our main office is located at: 8515 Georgia Ave., Suite 400, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- The ANA Enterprise will hire primarily from the District of Columbia (DC), Maryland (MD), and Virginia (VA).
- Candidates may apply from other U.S. states and territories; however, prior to being granted an interview by a HR and/or a hiring official, the ANAE Risk and Compliance office must approve that the U.S. state or territory is registered or able to be registered to conduct business with the ANAE.
The following locations are not approved for remote work:
- U.S. Territories
- North Dakota
- International locations
Learn more about the American Nurses Association Enterprise:
The American Nurses Association Enterprise:
Founded in 1896, The ANA Enterprise is the family of non-profit companies that comprise the American Nurses Association: the American Nurses Association (ANA), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and the American Nurses Foundation. The ANA Enterprise leverages the combined strength of each to drive excellence in practice and ensure nurses’ voices and vision are recognized by policy leaders, industry influencers, and employers.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The ANA is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.