Job Title Manufacturing Project Engineer
Ascend Element is revolutionizing the production of lithium-ion battery materials by establishing a clean and sustainable supply chain using recycled feedstock. Its patented Hydro-to-Cathode technology directly synthesizes new cathode materials from spent lithium-ion cells more efficiently than traditional methods, resulting in reduced cost, improved performance, and lowered GHG emissions. The results are lower cost, better performance batteries with fewer discarded in landfill, a cleaner manufacturing process, and a truly sustainable closed-loop circular battery economy.
Ascend Elements is taking the lithium-ion battery industry to a higher level.
The Project Engineer has complete responsibility for designing, fabricating, delivery and commissioning of major Li-ion battery recycling equipment in the USA and abroad. The recycling equipment includes liquid or solid processing equipment, such as but not limited to reactors, centrifuges, filter-presses, evaporators, solvent extraction tanks, electro-dialysis, reverse osmosis, jet mills. The Project Engineer is accountable for day-to-day coordination of the project team while delivering the equipment on time and within budget.
The Project Engineer:
- Develops project work plans including identification of key stakeholders, deliverables, timelines and required resources for initiatives related.
- Oversees operational and logistical aspects of equipment projects, such as meeting deadlines/milestones, schedule development, equipment delivery etc.; ensures project requirements are achieved in a timely fashion and within guidelines.
- Defines the procurement strategy and execution, manages contractual discussion and negotiations with various suppliers and contractors, reviews and approves change liers.
- Continuously assesses and makes effective recommendations to address barriers or obstacles to achieving project goals.
- Develops measurement and analytic strategies to monitor the outcomes of projects over time.
- Crafts messages, creates communications, and delivers presentations related to project plans/status.
- Leads and manages work groups/committees charged with setting project direction.
- Maintains comprehensive equipment project spending tracking with support from accounting to monitor and report project progress to company management
- Escalates when equipment delivery is delayed in a timely manner
- Thinks strategically and with a solution-oriented approach
- Manages sensitive early asset delivery process
- Continually evaluates processes to maximize efficiencies in ways of working leveraging technology
- Organize and supervises commissioning activities of equipment
Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering. Advanced degree a plus.
5 - 10 years project engineering experience in an Engineering/EP/EPC or Equipment manufacturing type of set-up
Skills and requirements:
- Experience in delivering projects from $200k to $3M in Resource recycling, Water treatment, Chemical, Petrochemical, Food & Beverage or equivalent manufacturing environment.
- Experience driving projects with international stakeholders/suppliers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for internal and external communication
- Skilled user of MS office tools including Word, EXCEL, Outlook, MS Project, Autocad
- Process control experience as well as PMP Certification preferred but not mandatory
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings (PID, Mass balance, General Arrangement, Electrical drawing) required
- Solid organizational skills; able to juggle and prioritize projects and tasks
- Strong attention to detail and ability to keep accurate records
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Strong team player that works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable communicating with all partners ls
- Flexible to change while able to manage and support multiple projects concurrently
- Proactive and demonstrates strong initiative able to manage day-to-day work-flow with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package