Job Title Invest Tech! Hybrid/Great
Please reach out to Katie Nealis via LinkedIn with your updated resume or text/call (650)388-2698 to be considered for the opportunity below.
As a result of our client’s continued expansion, they are seeking a Tax Manager to become a part of their finance and accounting function. Working as part of an established team, this role will be responsible for the book and/or tax for a portion of their funds.
The Tax Manager's responsibilities include:
Depending on your experience, you have the flexibility to focus on either the book side or the tax side, or both.
- Responsible for quarterly close process for several entities (funds, AIVs, SPVs, and potentially upper tier GP entities), including booking transaction journals, preparing reconciliations, preparing financial statements and supplemental schedules.
- Perform distribution and capital call calculations and notice letters
- Understand LPA terms especially around carry waterfall and expense allocations
- Support annual external audits
- Assist with resolution of technical accounting issues
- Assist with ongoing cash management monitoring and projections
- Work with third-party administrator as needed
- Tax planning and compliance for responsible entities
- Understand tax implications of various fund structures and portfolio investments
- Quarterly GP tax estimates
- Tax allocations by investor showing book/tax differences
- Coordinate with external tax advisor to prepare quarterly and annual tax estimates, K-1s and tax returns
The ideal candidate:
- CPA is a plus
- 4+ years of public accounting in audit OR tax (VC, PE clients) or currently working in-house within the Venture Capital or Private Equity Industry
- Intelligent and ability/willingness to learn/strong work ethic/detail oriented
Why work here?
- Candidates are able to gain exposure on both accounting & tax areas within the funds via their daily work
- Great benefits: company pays 100% health insurance
- Highly competitive benefits and perks
- Free food: breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Gym reimbursement: 50% to $100 a month.
- Equity participation program (works like profit sharing)
For details on salary, benefits and more detail, please reach out to Katie Nealis via LinkedIn or text/call (650)388-2698.