You were redirected to a job similar to the one requested, because the one requested is no longer available
Job Title Retail
General Merchandise Department Operations:
- Ensure General Merchandise Associates are well trained and available when needed.
- Design displays for merchandise, which are appealing to customers. Making effective use of:
- Fixtures: Wall Displays
- Show Cases: Glass Cubes & Towers
- Mannequins: Window Displays
- Help regulate seasonal promotions (i.e. holiday display themes, fashion shows, special events, etc.) and coordinate them with other departments.
- Review all stock orders to ensure a fast moving balanced inventory of General Merchandise. Coordinate orders with P&A manager, if possible.
- Maintain sufficient quantities of stock to support demand and acceptable inventory turn ratio.
- Assist sales staff as needed.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for General Merchandise management, including generating and reviewing inventory reports and sales goals.
- Supervise and maintain an accurate up-to-date inventory management & control system.
- Establish procedures for ordering, receiving, logging into inventory, displaying, selling and restocking all merchandise.
- Ensure employees keep all merchandise and displays clean, well dusted, and appealing to customers.
- Set –up and maintain a smooth running, efficient, appealing retail environment for the General Merchandise department.
- Purchase product assortments, gauge stock movement, and devise promotions, when necessary.
- Ensure employees receive individual and team goals to help meet team sales goals.
- Employ sound management practices to ensure General Merchandise department contributes acceptable levels of gross & net profit.
- Maximize return on investment of General Merchandise inventory.
- Grow the volume of General Merchandise sales.
- Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Develop advertising sales, and promotional campaigns for merchandise.
- Take care of all Business Promo’s.
- Communicate regularly with the Harley-Davidson Motor Company regarding:
- Policies: Product Availability
- Product Style Options: New/Future Product Line
- Price book updates: Studies
- Benchmark other retailers to determine “best practice” standards.
- Organize and stage fashion shows and other events to sell merchandise.
- Provide reports to Dealer Operator or General Manager as requested.
- Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with Dealer Operator or General Manager.
- Attend training sessions (P.A.C. E., Harley-Davidson University, etc) to keep skill sets current with merchandising trends & inventory control issues.
- Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Point out any sales, specials, promotions or new merchandise to staff and customers.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Making Things Right”.
- Plan and execute “exceptional” promotions to bring both “new and existing” customers into the dealership on a regular basis.
- Coordinate promotions with other departments to maximize return on promotions spending.
- Work closely with Marketing to create and initiate advertising promotions.
- Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the workloads of all employees.
- Establish job assignments and sales quotas for all General Merchandise personnel within their skill level.