From Day One, Inc.
New York, New Yorkand 1 more locations
- Published : 2022-09-06
Job Title Arts and Entertainment
About From Day One:
Founded in 2018, From Day One is now the preeminent forum for discussions on business values. We are a media outlet and conference series with a growing community of over 100,000 people focused on innovative ways for companies to foster stronger relationships with their employees, customers, and communities. Our team is dedicated to improving the relationship between business and society.
We produce events, both virtual and live, including in-person conferences in 20+ cities nationwide, produced in landmark buildings like The Brooklyn Museum. Weve also published thousands of pieces of original journalism, covering issues such as diversity in the workplace, worker well-being, the future of work, and more from our team and a network of notable journalists, led by the companys chief content officer, veteran journalist Stephen Koepp. Our events and content facilitate forward-looking conversations that promote real, actionable ideas for and from leaders, authors, and journalists.
Whats unique about From Day One is our cross-disciplinary approach, bringing together executives from the fields of corporate social responsibility, human resources, marketing, and communications. More and more businesses are seeing the wisdom of putting people first. Our mission is to help companies find the best ways to deliver on that promise, from day one.
Wed love for you to join our team, currently 20 people and growing.
About This Role:
Working directly with the companys Chief Content Officer, veteran journalist Stephen Koepp, the Editorial Assistant plays a key role in the media outlet/editorial side of From Day One.
Responsibilities include editing features, generating ideas for articles, writing short news pieces, and otherwise keeping the editorial content we produce fresh, current, and engaging, in addition to acting as a point of contact among executives, employees, clients, and other external partners; managing information flow in a timely and accurate manner; managing calendars and setting meetings; preparing weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly reports; and formatting information for internal and external communication (memos, emails, presentations, reports).
To be successful in this role, you must be rigorously organized, punctual, accurate, willing to learn on the job, and creative.
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage executives calendars and set up meetings
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly reports
- Format information for internal and external communication memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Work experience in an editorial role or an Executive Assistant or similar position in a media organization.
- Aptitude and success in writing or editing. You should be passionate about the written word and skilled at creating and editing copy.
- Basic knowledge of business software such as MS Office products, Google For Business, or similar.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A 4-year college/university degree
- This is a full-time, salaried position, with compensation of $60,000 per year.
- From Day One is a remote-first company, and this position will be remote-first. We do maintain a primary office in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York, and we get together in person from time to time for meetings and working sessions. In addition, many of our team members travel to our conferences, which take place around the country.
- From Day One offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance (fully paid medical, dental, and vision coverage); competitive vacation policies, including summer and winter breaks; and an employee stock plan.
- This position requires a 4-year college/university degree at minimum. Candidates should have a strong academic background and a minimum of 2 years of full-time, professional post-graduation experience.
- Diversity and inclusion are absolutely core to our mission, and we are committed to those values in our hiring process.