Chicago, Illinoisand 1 more locations
- Published : 2022-08-05
Job Title Arts and Entertainment
Calling all Chicago, Boulder and New York candidates!
Ragtag bunch of hooligans seeks a strategic Creative Director (Copy) to conceptualize big ideas and write compelling copy for integrated campaigns across health, wellness and better-for-you brands. The Creative Director is a storyteller who knows how to make brands connect with humans. They are the spark for the idea and the force to ensure that idea comes to life by inspiring creative teams to push boundaries.
At SRW, our work is sometimes novel, sometimes fun, sometimes pretty, but always authentic. We create content that informs, inspires, educates, or entertains...and in a perfect world, all of the above. The Creative Director will work collaboratively with SRWs cross-functional teams, using the insights from Strategy to guide the Creative process and execute effective 360 campaigns. The Creative Director considers the why behind every piece of work to ensure we tell genuine stories for our clients and create work that makes us truly proud to be here. They enjoy getting their hands dirty in the day-to-day and equally enjoy mentoring Creative team members as they develop their skills. All while establishing trust with clients at every turn.
No hubris. You have an opinion. A reasoned one. And you communicate it with respectful candor. And while you are humble, you are damn witty. You know grammar rules inside and out. You also know which rules you should break.
You have a high standard for your craft and encourage others, not only on the creative team, to apply rigor to their work. You are comfortable working outside the traditional structures of the agency model. You are interested in creating kick-ass creative while motivating and empowering your team to do the same.
- Lead the creative vision and copywriting across a handful of key agency clients
- Learn and understand clients audience insights, product benefits, offers, KPIs, and brand standards to influence the work
- Work closely with strategy to develop effective creative briefs that will define key insights and inspire your team to do the best possible work
- Provide clear guidance and expectations to your direct reports to ensure all pieces of content made are both up to the standards of SRW as well as aligned with our clients strategy
- Work collaboratively with the Account Service and Strategy teams to help Creative team members sell in concepts to clients, ranging from monthly content pitches to big campaign ideas and everything in between (brand identity development, packaging design, social posts, OOH and more)
- Embrace social platforms and trends across TikTok, Instagram and up-and-comers to develop authentic branded content
- Partner with Influencer Marketing and Public Relations teams to develop ideas that are social savvy and garner earned media attention
- Collaborate with Media and Strategy teams to ensure copy performs to its best across different mediums
- Write compelling and strategic short form (social posts and ads, display ads, etc.) and long-form copy as necessary (blogs, web, video scripts, etc.)
- Cultivate, understand and consistently deliver on unique brand voice and tone for each client
- Maintain a keen eye for visual ideation and execution to guide art directors, designers and production counterparts
- Work with agency leadership to apply best practices for communicating with wellness and natural food audiences
- Inject fun, insight, and general hooliganism into the Creative team daily
- Assist in new business, participate in pitches and ensure that our creative practice is positioned and tailored for our prospects needs
Even if you do not meet 100% of the qualifications, but feel you have something unique to contribute to SRW, please apply! Tell us why you'd be a great addition in your cover letter.
- 8+ years in a copywriter/ACD position at an agency or in-house creative department; or equivalency in experience
- Strong portfolio of work showcasing integrated campaigns (big ideas to execution), especially tied to social, digital and video content; consumer PR and Influencer experience highly desired
- Strong presentation, communication, and story-telling skills with an ability to sell concepts and ideas
- A positive energy and a communication style that inspires others
- Experience managing and developing creative talent
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the drive to implement new and better ways of thinking and problem solving
- Zero hubris
- You must provide a link to your online portfolio for consideration.
Creative Director (Copy) salary ranges from $100,000 to $120,000 based on relevant work experience.
SRW is happy to offer comprehensive benefits including but not limited to:
- Flexibility: Hybrid work schedules, 3pm Fridays, Paid Time Off, Holidays, and Winter Break
- Traditional Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision with HSA and FSA options and 80% of premium subsidized by SRW. Long Term Disability and Life Insurance offered at no cost.
- Financial Benefits: College Loan Assistance Program, 401k with Roth option, Commuter Benefits
- Family Benefits: 16 weeks Parental Leave at full salary, Miscarriage Leave, Adoption Reimbursement, and Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for family
A ragtag bunch of hooligans who just might be onto something, we quit agency life to help a broad range of clients do the same. We specialize in building and growing communities through content - specializing in the healthy food industry. We create and deliver these campaigns from concept to distribution, and earn consumer and media attention for our clients by creating useful experiences for their specific audiences.
Our culture doesnt come from a book, its intrinsic to who we are. We believe people are more than one thing and we abhor the phrase thats not my job. We are compassionate and fun to work with. We are adaptable. We ask (lots of) questions and listen to the answers. We do good work with and for good people. We work hard and have fun.
SRW offers equal opportunities for employment and advancement to all applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity, individual qualifications, and merit. We believe the best creative ideas and results come from diverse perspectives that share a purpose. Why? Because, it reflects our values and makes good business sense. And we care: about each other, the work, and the world around us.
Learn more about us at srw.agency/careers