Job Title People Operations Lead
Category Database Administrators
Simply Business is more than our name. Its how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
Simply Business is a fast paced and matrixed environment, in need of someone with a people focused and analytical mindset who can pivot, lead and support on multiple ongoing HR Operations initiatives. The People Operations Lead will play an integral part in ensuring ongoing operations of people systems, benefits, payroll, and compliance. This role will play a critical leading role in the implementation of a new global HR and Payroll system, further enhancing the employee and manager experience within the organization.
As a People Ops Lead you will:
- Ensure People Ops maintains our commitment to quality employee support, efficient processes and compliance through responding to employee inquiries, mentoring more junior members of the People Ops team and identifying new solutions to old problems.
- Act as the US People Ops subject matter expert on our global ongoing HR system implementation.
- Work closely with the Director of People to determine and implement any philosophical system or process changes.
- Lead the transition to a new retirement plan in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain partnership with Legal to enroll and upkeep employer state registrations and compliance as needed.
- Partner with Payroll and Finance to ensure employment changes are processed accordingly and payroll is error-free
- Provide compensation benchmarking and analysis in partnership with our Talent Acquisition and People Partner teams.
- Assist the Director of People and UK team with the year-end compensation cycle
What we are looking for:
- At least 3+ years of experience in People or HR Operations required
- Experience with HR System implementation, benefit management, and market benchmarking
- Demonstrated experience working in a high-growth, matrixed and employee centric environment preferred
- Passion for creating positive employee experiences
- Familiarity with employment labor laws to ensure ongoing compliance with legal
- Strategic project management mindset, with ability to context switch as needed
- High level of attention to detail and prioritization
- Ability to balance internal and external stakeholders to foster strong collaborative relationships
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
- • A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
- • Group plan for medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
- • Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
- • Participation in the Company’s bonus program
- • Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
- • Commuter benefits to help cut down on parking and public transit costs
- • 25 days of vacation time plus 10 sick days and 10 company holidays
- • A genuine investment in your learning and development
- • Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
- • An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee and other beverages on tap, local pop-up events, and more
Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. Were committed to welcoming and helping to grow employees within an inclusive & diverse culture. And that commitment starts with our interview process.
Once you apply, your info will be reviewed in a committee with employees from different levels, teams, and experiences. We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of community, which is only made stronger by each individual at SB, so youll have the opportunity to meet a variety of people throughout the process. Get excited!
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/
Whats going on with work from home and return to the office?
More and more, people are talking about going back to the workplace and the new normal. At Simply Business, we’re thinking of it as a Better Normal. That means offering our SBers more choice and greater flexibility to work in a way that’s best for their particular job, their teams, and their lives.
We’re shifting to a hybrid working model, so we’ll have employees working virtually and in the office at any given time.
We’re also aware there are times when working together in person is the best way to get things done. We expect our SBers to connect in their hubs (that’s what we call our offices) most likely once every few weeks. That said, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution, so we expect all SBers and their teams will find the operating rhythm that works best for them.
If you’re wondering what it might be like for you at Simply Business, our Talent Acquisition is happy to answer any questions. In fact for them, it’s perfectly normal.
Most of our interviews will still take place over Zoom (however, depending on the role, there may be the opportunity/expectation to meet members of the team in-person). If it looks like you could be a good fit for the role, we’ll ask you to interview on Zoom – you’ll need WiFi and a laptop, or a 4G-enabled smartphone.