Job Title IT Support Specialist
Category Computer Network Support Specialists
Position Title: IT Support Specialist
Location/Affiliate: 220 Liberty Street
Reports To (Title): IT Support Supervisor
Department: Technology Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Purpose: The Information Technology Specialist is responsible for hardware and software installation, troubleshooting and repair, as well as network management. The Information Technology Specialist provides technical support to employees and trains non-technical workers in the use of information systems.
Scope and Direction
Area of Responsibility: Technology Services
Degree of Supervision Received (Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): Minimal
From (Title): IT Support Supervisor
Degree of Supervision Given (None, Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): None
To (Title(s)): N/A
Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
* Responsible for documentation, testing, implementation, updating, or modification of user technology based on user or system design specifications.
* Delivers, installs, maintains, and supports user technology including but not limited to PCs, phones, cellular devices, printers, copiers, and other peripheral devices.
* Provides telephone and on-site user support in accordance with IT service level agreements.
* Provides user education and training using Best Known Industry Standards.
* Responds to support queue for proper resolution or escalation of issues.
* Maintains, installs, troubleshoots and repairs telephony and integrated network devices as needed.
* Monitors and reports on the performance, support and status of hardware and software usage and other measures as appropriate or requested.
* Maintains IT hardware and software asset management by performing annual branch reviews of all technology equipment, software/OS updates, network layout diagrams and location floor plans.
* Provides user applications support, user profile rebuilds, printer queue management, email support, phone and network maintenance and setup.
* Enforces company IT Security policies to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all computer systems and data.
* Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high- performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
* This job description is not exhaustive. The IT Support Specialist may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Associate's Degree in Information Systems or related field
Required: Years: 3+ Type: Experience working with Microsoft operating systems, databases and Office
Applications or Experience in supporting and troubleshooting Intel based
workstations and peripherals
Preferred: Years: 3+ Type: Related experience in a Banking or Financial Services industry
Licenses or Accreditation:
Required: current, valid NYS class D Drivers License
Preferred: Specialty Area (if applicable):
* Ability to meet and maintain compliance with Company standards for the operation of motor vehicles in connection with performing job requirements
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work with all levels of staff and management and present information in an effective concise manner to employees with diverse skill sets
* Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities and change focus quickly to meet established deadlines
* Responds to requests for information in a timely and professional manner
* Ability to take initiative in problem solving and produces practical decisions and solutions
* Able to regularly sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
* Frequent travel within company footprint is required
* Extensive computer usage is required
* Able to lift and move objects up to 60lbs
* Able to bend or stoop occasionally
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants may be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing "any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense" unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.