Job Title Business Services
Category Business Operations Specialists, All Other
Network Security Engineer
AlixPartners is looking for a highly motivated Information Security professional to fulfill the Network Security Engineer role for our corporate IT Department. In this critical role on AlixPartners’ Corporate Services team, you will develop and maintain the high-level design plan for the overall logistical and technical IT security architecture including, providing technical leadership and consulting across the organization and gaining commitment to initiate and participate in projects for implementing these plans. In addition, the candidate will provide support for our next generation firewalls, IPS, VPN, Cloud Proxy, SD-Wan, SSL Decryption and Two Factor Authentication.
The Network Security Engineer is a full-time role with a preferred location of Southfield, Michigan; other U.S. AlixPartners office locations may be considered. This position may be contract to hire. Paid relocation is not available.
Who We Are:
AlixPartners is a results-driven, global consulting firm that specializes in helping companies successfully address their most complex and critical challenges. You’ll play an integral role from day one, working alongside some of the most experienced practitioners in the industry, being recognized for your expertise and expanding your knowledge, with the freedom to chart your own career path.
Because we believe diversity is essential, we invite our people to bring their whole selves to work, contributing a wider range of insight, experience, and perspective. We want you to help shape the future of business with us. Are you ready to make a difference?
- Provide planning, design, engineering, implementation, configuration, operational support and troubleshooting for our network security infrastructure
- Validation of firewall configuration, rule creation, and assessment of firewall traffic flow (dynamic routing, log analysis).
- Research and assess new threats and security alerts, and recommends remedial actions to ensure network security design is resilient enough to deal with the latest threats and attacks scenarios.
- Develop technical documentation, including standards and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operations personnel
- Provide design and expert technical input / support for engineering network security solutions based on recognized standards and best practices
- Report on key compliance and operational metrics for the network security infrastructure
- Work with vendors, application developers, database administrators, corporate IT, and other technology groups to deploy new or updated technology projects.
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of all supported systems to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures, and requirements
- Periodic security assessment of firewall, router, switches, VPN, SSL concentrator and other network component security configurations
- Maintain proper change management documentation for all hardware and software modifications
- Provide reliable 24/7 support for numerous facilities
- Report progress to supervisor and project managers, including the preparation of weekly status reports
- Provide Investigation support of any actual or potential information security incidents.
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- Minimum two years of network security engineering experience
- Experience with Palo Alto Next Generation Firewalls is preferred
- CISSP - ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional is a plus
- CNSE - Palo Alto Network’s Certified Network Security Engineer is a plus
- CCSP - Cisco Certified Security Professional is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field preferred; work experience and background will be considered in lieu of formal education
- Proven project management and organizational skills specifically managing multiple concurrent projects
- Competency with network security and information security concepts and technologies
- Solid organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize; ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, consistently changing environment, and respond to urgent situations, as required
- Must be familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the AlixPartners’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.