Job Title Administration
Category Administrative Services Managers
Salary 1,196 USD
The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology seeks a media-literate go-getter to join our Communication Team as a pre-professional graduate assistant for the 2021-2022 academic year. CTLT supports the mission of the University by helping educators on campus pursue excellence and innovation in teaching, student learning, and the effective use of technology. Applicants should be master’s level graduate students in Communication, English Professional Writing and Rhetorics, Art, Creative Technology, or a related field with demonstrable skills in written and visual communication across a variety of media. Successful candidates will be task-oriented critical thinkers capable of working with our diverse and talented group of coordinators, instructional developers, and media support personnel.
Work with the Coordinator for Communication and Faculty Development and the Communication Team on a variety of outreach projects, including, but not limited to:
• 20% - the creation and maintenance of outreach communication for CTLT workshops, events, and services
• 60% - the production of compelling written, aural, and visual communication to engage faculty across a growing number of media channels, including print, social media,
CTLT.IllinoisState.edu, and CTLT’s podcast, Let’s Talk Teaching, which meet accessibility standards
• 10% - Work with other teams within CTLT or partner organization (such as the University Teaching Committee) to improve and modernize internal communication practices
• 5% - Assist colleagues at CTLT in providing exceptional experiences to our constituents on campus by helping with events and services
• 5% - Assist the Coordinator for Communication and Faculty Development in other projects as occasionally assigned by the Director
1. Candidates must eligible for appointment as per the requirements in the Graduate Assistant Handbook which can be found at http://hr.illinoisstate.edu/downloads/GA_Handbook.pdf
2. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
3. Candidates must be a degree seeking graduate student at Illinois State University a master’s program in Communication, English Professional Writing and Rhetorics, Art or Creative Technolog.
4. Candidates must be able to work with a diverse group of professionals and help them communicate with CTLT’s unique audience of faculty, staff, and graduate teaching assistants.
5. Candidates must be experienced in written communication through a variety of media and in a variety of contexts.
6. Candidates must have demonstrable experience in using Windows-based computer systems and be able to find and move files within a local or networked file structure.
7. Candidates must have basic proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
8. Candidates must demonstrate a working knowledge of common audio/video/image file formats
Candidates who have experience recording and editing video.
Candidates that possess knowledge of image editing and print layout through programs like Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Rush, and InDesign.
Candidates with experience managing websites, blogs, or social media content beyond the average user experience.
Candidates with previous experience (through an internship or other practice) in a professional communication environment.
Candidates with previous teaching or teaching assistantship (including undergraduate teaching assistantship) experience.
Somewhere between 8:00am and 4:30pm.