Job Title Healthcare / nursing
Category Acute Care Nurses
We Are Hiring:
St. Vincent’s East is looking for a full time Registered Nurse for our Cardiac Holding Recovery Department (VCU - Vascular Care Unit) who is dedicated to transforming healthcare in the Trussville area.
Department: Cardiac Holding Recovery
Location: St.Vincent’s East (Trussville)
Shift: Full Time | Night shift, 3 shifts weekly | 7p-7a | no major holidays / no weekends
Join our family of healthcare professionals and grow your career. This is an outpatient area. An RN in this role admits patients, draws IV’s, sends patients to the cath lab, recovers patients from the lab, watches patients overnight, discharges them the next morning. The nurse to patient ratio is 4 to 1. This department has 20 total beds used during the day and 10 beds used as overnight stay beds.
St. Vincent’s East is licensed for 362 beds and is located just 20 minutes from downtown. It sits between Irondale and Trussville, AL. It is a general medical and surgical facility that offers a variety of programs and services to fit individual, corporate, and community needs. It is the second largest Ascension hospital in the Birmingham area.
Why join Ascension?
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
Ready to fulfill your calling with a company that cares? Apply today!What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
2 years nursing experience requiredWhy Join Our Team:
Ascension St. Vincent's has been serving Birmingham and surrounding communities for more than 120 years. We employ over 4,800 associates across five hospitals in addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more. Ascension St. Vincent’s is committed to providing compassionate, personalized care for all, including our associates. We offer a place of respect and inclusion, as well as a rich learning environment with countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, we invite you to explore a career with Ascension St. Vincent's today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Ascension St. Vincent Health System is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.